Friends for Carl Middleton Post Office Box 897 Honolulu, HI ... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: HAWAII
Welcome to Hawaii! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Hawaii. Explore a map of Hawaii, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Hawaii zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Known as the "Aloha State" (in Hawaiian, "aloha" means "hello"), Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands in the central Pacific Ocean that together became the 50th state in 1959. The state's name is possibly derived from a native Hawaiian word for homeland, hawaiki or owhyhee. Today, Hawaii, whose capital is Honolulu, is often called the "Crossroads of the Pacific" and is a popular vacation spot. The colorful hibiscus is the state flower. ...Read more here: Hawaii - The Aloha State
- Capital City:
- Aloha State / Paradise of the Pacific
- Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono (The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness.)
- August 21, 1959 (50th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Possibly based on native Hawaiian word for homeland, "Owhyhee."
- Largest Cities:
- Honolulu, Hilo, Kailua, Kaneohe, Pearl City
- Border States:
- Land Area:
- 6,423 sq. mi.; 47th largest
- State Bird:
- Nene (Hawaiian goose)
- State Flower:
- Pua Aloalo (hibiscus brackenridgei)
- State Tree:
- Kukui - Candlenut (aleurites moluccana)
- State Song:
- Hawaii Ponoi - Hawaii's Own
Featured Community Websites in Hawaii
- Ala Moana/Kakaako Neighborhood Board No. 11
- Downtown Neighborhood Board No. 13
- Kalihi-Palama Neighborhood Board No. 15
- Manoa Neighbors
- Maunalua Triangle/Koko Kai Community Association
- Maunawili Community Association
- Niu Valley Community Association
- Waialua Community Association
- Waikiki Neighborhood Board No. 9
Real Estate & Home Values in Hawaii
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Janie Mercado
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Hawaii
Find A School
Browse all 285 Schools in Hawaii
- Waimalu Elementary School
- (808) 483-7210
- 98 825 Moanalua Road
- Aiea, HI 96701
- Kapaa Elementary School
- (808) 821-4424
- 4886 Kawaihau Road
- Kapaa, HI 96746
- Kalama Intermediate School
- (808) 572-7719
- 120 Makani Road
- Makawao, HI 96768
- Hilo Intermediate School
- (808) 974-4955
- 587 Waianuenue Avenue
- Hilo, HI 96720
- Radford High School
- (808) 421-4200
- 4361 Salt Lake Boulevard
- Honolulu, HI 96818
- Hilo High School
- (808) 974-4021
- 556 Waianuenue Avenue
- Hilo, HI 96720
Sex Offender Information for Hawaii
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Hawaii, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.ehawaii.gov/sexoff/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: