On January 2, 2016 a natural gas explosion occured at 3:19 AM on Whispering Hollow Drive complety destroying the house located... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: ALASKA
Welcome to Alaska! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Alaska. Explore a map of Alaska, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Alaska zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
One nickname of the 49th state, Alaska, is the "Last Frontier." Purchased from Russia for $7 million in 1867, Alaska is the largest state in area and is the largest peninsula in the Western Hemisphere. Mt. McKinley in the Alaska Range is North America's highest peak at 20,320 feet and one of the greatest challenges for mountain climbers. Juneau is the state's capital, and the state flower is the pale-blue forget-me-not. ...Read more here: Alaska - The Great Land
- Capital City:
- Last Frontier, Great Land, Land of the Midnight Sun
- North To The Future
- January 3, 1959 (49th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Russian version of Aleutian word "Alakshak" meaning "great lands" or "peninsula."
- Largest Cities:
- Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Sitka, Soldotna
- Border States:
- Land Area:
- 570,374 sq. mi., Largest state
- State Bird:
- Willow Ptarmigan
- State Flower:
- Forget Me Not (myosotis alpestris)
- State Tree:
- Sitka spruce (picea sitchensis)
- State Song:
- Alaska's Flag
Featured Community Websites in Alaska
Real Estate & Home Values in Alaska
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 7536 Old Hillside Way Anchorage, AK
- 2584 Noatak Dr North Pole, AK
- 16245 Rosenburg Cir Eagle River, AK
- 3819 Scenic View Dr Anchorage, AK
- 6020 E 43rd Ave Anchorage, AK
- 410 Knudson Cove Rd # 412 Ketchikan, AK
- 26118 Rusticate Dr Chugiak, AK
- 4245 Lake Otis Pkwy Anchorage, AK
- 4245 Lake Otis Pkwy Anchorage, AK
- 2430 Cleo Ave Anchorage, AK
- money guard
- Dallas, TX
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Alaska
Find A School
Browse all 525 Schools in Alaska
- Soldotna Elementary
- (907) 262-4919
- 162 Park Ave.
- Soldotna, AK 99669
- Mt. Eccles Elementary
- (907) 424-3236
- 200 Adams St.
- Cordova, AK 99574
- Eben Hopson Middle School
- (907) 852-3880
- 6501 Transit St.
- Barrow, AK 99723
- Colony Middle School
- (907) 761-1500
- 9250 Colony School Drive
- Palmer, AK 99645
- Wasilla High School
- (907) 376-5341
- 701 Bogard Rd.
- Wasilla, AK 99654
- Homer Flex School
- (907) 235-5558
- 4122 Ben Walters Lane
- Homer, AK 99603
Sex Offender Information for Alaska
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Alaska, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dps.state.ak.us/nSorcr/asp/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: