Welcome to NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91601
91601 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in North Hollywood, California. The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $499,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $44,897/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 91601 is $33,624.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 91601 earn an average of $28,777/year. Women earn only $23,305/year.
16,157 people in 91601 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 91601? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 91601 is 30.2 minutes!
The median age here is 33. There are 18,932 men and 18,248 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 33.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,291 people (out of the 37,180 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 17,006 homes, and 1,444 businesses every day. 826 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
91601 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Islamabad, Pakistan!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 620 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 91601
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Denny Manor HOA, Inc.
- Greater Toluca Lake Neighborhood Council
- Morrison HOA
- North Hollywood Concerned Citizens
- North Hollywood Residents' Assn.
- Satsuma Gardens HOA, Inc.
- Studio Townhomes Assn.
- The Academy Plaza Owners Assn.
- The Foursome Homeowners Association
- Tremont Townhomes Condo Assn., Inc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in North Hollywood, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in North Hollywood, CA
Average Home Value in 91601: $499,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 37,180
- White Population: 23,606
- Black Population: 3,455
- Hispanic Population: 16,291
- Asian Population: 3,105
- Hawaiian Population: 146
- Indian Population: 654
- Male Population: 18,932
- Female Population: 18,248
- Median Age: 33
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 33
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: North Hollywood
- Longitude: -118.4
- Latitude: 34.2
- Elevation: 620 feet above sea level
- Area code: 323/818
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 15,481
- Drive alone: 10,942
- Carpool: 2,271
- Public transit: 1,242
- Ride bikes or walk: 826
- Average commute time: 30.2 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 256
- 5 - 9: 1,226
- 10 - 14: 2,125
- 15 - 19: 1,944
- 20 - 24: 2,012
- 25 - 29: 682
- 30 - 34: 2,625
- 35 - 39: 480
- 40 - 44: 746
- 45 - 59: 1,568
- 60 - 89: 1,248
- 90 plus: 569
- Average House Value: $499,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,784
- Businesses: 784
- Employees: 7,422
- Annual Payroll: $313,756,000
- Average Family Income: $44,897
- Median Family Income: $31,671
- Average Income for Men: $28,777
- Average Income for Women: $23,305
- Congressional District: 28, 27
- Congressional District Land Area: 77.0, 150.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Adam B. Schiff (D)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 91601
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 91601 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Lankershim Elementary
- 5250 Bakman Ave.
- North Hollywood, CA 91601
- (818) 769-3130
- Maurice Sendak Elementary
- 11414 West Tiara St.
- North Hollywood, CA 91601
- (213) 241-2460
- Toluca Lake Elementary
- 4840 Cahuenga Blvd.
- North Hollywood, CA 91601
- (818) 761-3339
Photos near Zip Code 91601, North Hollywood, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 91601 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: