Welcome to HOUSTON, TX 77008
77008 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Houston, Texas. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $274,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $60,857/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 77008 is $47,159.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 77008 earn an average of $36,378/year. Women earn only $29,730/year.
14,104 people in 77008 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 77008? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.5 minutes.
The median age here is 37. There are 15,523 men and 14,959 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 37.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,710 people (out of the 30,482 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 16,304 homes, and 1,989 businesses every day. 392 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
77008 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Wuhan, China!) and -95 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 55 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 77008
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Clark Pines Civic Associaton
- Heights West Homeowners Group
- Historical Residential Houston Heights
- Houston Heights Prog Civic Club
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Houston, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Houston, TX
Average Home Value in 77008: $274,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 30,482
- White Population: 24,631
- Black Population: 1,617
- Hispanic Population: 9,672
- Asian Population: 1,154
- Hawaiian Population: 43
- Indian Population: 424
- Male Population: 15,523
- Female Population: 14,959
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 37
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CSA Name: Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, TX
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown TX
- County: Harris
- City: Houston
- Longitude: -95.4
- Latitude: 29.8
- Elevation: 55 feet above sea level
- Area code: 281/713/832
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 13,555
- Drive alone: 10,712
- Carpool: 1,787
- Public transit: 527
- Ride bikes or walk: 392
- Average commute time: 22.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 397
- 5 - 9: 969
- 10 - 14: 2,194
- 15 - 19: 2,553
- 20 - 24: 2,649
- 25 - 29: 950
- 30 - 34: 2,096
- 35 - 39: 398
- 40 - 44: 273
- 45 - 59: 552
- 60 - 89: 303
- 90 plus: 221
- Average House Value: $274,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $65,306
- Businesses: 1,332
- Employees: 23,431
- Annual Payroll: $1,152,502,000
- Average Family Income: $60,857
- Median Family Income: $39,926
- Average Income for Men: $36,378
- Average Income for Women: $29,730
- Congressional District: 18
- Congressional District Land Area: 227.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Sheila Jackson Lee (D)
- County FIPS Code: 201
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 77008
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 77008 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Field El
- 703 E 17th St
- Houston, TX 77008
- (713) 867-5190
- Helms El
- 503 W 21st St
- Houston, TX 77008
- (713) 867-5130
- Love El
- 1120 W 13th St
- Houston, TX 77008
- (713) 867-0840
- Sinclair El
- 6410 Grovewood Ln
- Houston, TX 77008
- (713) 867-5161
Photos near Zip Code 77008, Houston, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 77008 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: