Welcome to ARLINGTON, TN 38002
38002 is a rural zip code in Arlington, Tennessee. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $228,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Memphis metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $73,120/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 38002 earn an average of $43,387/year. Women earn only $27,412/year.
9,124 people in 38002 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 38002? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 28.3 minutes.
The median age here is 36. There are 19,235 men and 19,692 women. The median age for men is 35 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 7,284 people (out of the 38,927 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,519 homes, and 397 businesses every day. 31 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
38002 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kirkuk, Iraq!) and -90 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 259 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 38002
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Brunswick & Ellendale
- Bush Grove Community
- Friends of Summer Meadows HOA
- Gray's Creek
- Harrells Ridge
- Hickory Withe Lakes
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Arlington, TN
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Arlington, TN
Average Home Value in 38002: $228,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 38,927
- White Population: 30,287
- Black Population: 7,213
- Hispanic Population: 1,314
- Asian Population: 1,294
- Hawaiian Population: 19
- Indian Population: 238
- Male Population: 19,235
- Female Population: 19,692
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 35
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Tennessee
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Memphis TN-MS-AR
- County: Shelby
- City: Arlington
- Longitude: -89.7
- Latitude: 35.3
- Elevation: 260 feet above sea level
- Area code: 901
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 8,700
- Drive alone: 7,846
- Carpool: 764
- Public transit: 1
- Ride bikes or walk: 31
- Average commute time: 28.3 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 192
- 5 - 9: 338
- 10 - 14: 643
- 15 - 19: 985
- 20 - 24: 1,355
- 25 - 29: 734
- 30 - 34: 2,097
- 35 - 39: 402
- 40 - 44: 606
- 45 - 59: 1,046
- 60 - 89: 189
- 90 plus: 113
- Average House Value: $228,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $83,920
- Businesses: 404
- Employees: 4,977
- Annual Payroll: $208,003,000
- Average Family Income: $73,120
- Median Family Income: $57,233
- Average Income for Men: $43,387
- Average Income for Women: $27,412
- Congressional District: 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 6291.0
- Sr Senator: Lamar Alexander (R)
- Jr Senator: Bob Corker (R)
- US House Representative: Marsha Blackburn (R)
- County FIPS Code: 157
- State FIPS Code: 47
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 38002
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 38002 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Arlington Elementary School
- 11825 Douglass St
- Arlington, TN 38002
- (901) 867-6000
- Barrets Elementary School
- 10280 Godwin Rd
- Arlington, TN 38002
- (901) 873-8160
- Lakeland Elementary School
- 10050 Oak Seed La
- Lakeland, TN 38002
- (901) 867-7071
- Middle Schools
- Arlington Middle School
- 5470 Lamb Rd
- Arlington, TN 38002
- (901) 867-1541
Photos near Zip Code 38002, Arlington, TN
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 38002 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.ticic.state.tn.us/sorinternet/sosearch.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: