Welcome to BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205
35205 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Birmingham, Alabama. Median household income here ($25,310) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $155,000 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Birmingham-Hoover metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $50,399/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 35205 is $33,884.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 35205 earn an average of $30,924/year. Women earn only $21,052/year.
10,972 people in 35205 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 35205? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 16.7 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 9,971 men and 9,715 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 30.
To give you a sense of the community, 6,904 people (out of the 19,686 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 11,555 homes, and 806 businesses every day. 1,185 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
35205 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 33 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tripoli, Libya!) and -87 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 647 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 35205
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Birmingham, AL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Birmingham, AL
Average Home Value in 35205: $155,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 19,686
- White Population: 11,195
- Black Population: 6,695
- Hispanic Population: 1,643
- Asian Population: 927
- Hawaiian Population: 15
- Indian Population: 215
- Male Population: 9,971
- Female Population: 9,715
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 30
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Alabama
- CSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman, AL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover AL
- County: Jefferson
- City: Birmingham
- Longitude: -86.8
- Latitude: 33.5
- Elevation: 648 feet above sea level
- Area code: 205
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 10,811
- Drive alone: 8,148
- Carpool: 1,217
- Public transit: 166
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,185
- Average commute time: 16.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 386
- 5 - 9: 2,137
- 10 - 14: 2,791
- 15 - 19: 2,345
- 20 - 24: 1,361
- 25 - 29: 449
- 30 - 34: 678
- 35 - 39: 65
- 40 - 44: 118
- 45 - 59: 181
- 60 - 89: 159
- 90 plus: 141
- Average House Value: $155,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $32,881
- Businesses: 627
- Employees: 14,714
- Annual Payroll: $624,744,000
- Average Family Income: $50,399
- Median Family Income: $25,310
- Average Income for Men: $30,924
- Average Income for Women: $21,052
- Congressional District: 07, 06
- Congressional District Land Area: 8668.0, 4564.0
- Sr Senator: Richard C. Shelby (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Sessions (R)
- US House Representative: Terri A. Sewell (D)
- County FIPS Code: 073
- State FIPS Code: 01
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 35205
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 35205 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Epic School
- 1000 10th Ave S
- Birmingham, AL 35205
- (205) 231-7370
- Glen Iris Elementary School
- 1115 11th St
- Birmingham, AL 35205
- (205) 231-2003
- Washington Elementary School
- 115 4th Ave S
- Birmingham, AL 35205
- (205) 231-7740
Photos near Zip Code 35205, Birmingham, AL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 35205 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://community.dps.state.al.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: