Welcome to BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203
35203 is a suburban zip code in Birmingham, Alabama. Median household income here ($7,619) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $221,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Birmingham-Hoover metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The median age here is 37. There are 2,424 men and 1,374 women. The median age for men is 36 while for women the median age is 40.
35203 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kabul, Afghanistan!) and -87 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 581 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 35203
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
Real Estate & Home Values in Birmingham, AL
Average Home Value in 35203: $221,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 3,798
- White Population: 1,199
- Black Population: 2,543
- Hispanic Population: 69
- Asian Population: 23
- Hawaiian Population: 2
- Indian Population: 43
- Male Population: 2,424
- Female Population: 1,374
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 36
- Median Age of Females: 40
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Alabama
- CSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman, AL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover AL
- County: Jefferson
- City: Birmingham
- Longitude: -86.8
- Latitude: 33.5
- Elevation: 581 feet above sea level
- Area code: 205
- Average House Value: $221,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $17,500
- Businesses: 937
- Employees: 23,675
- Annual Payroll: $1,449,175,000
- Congressional District: 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 8668.0
- Sr Senator: Richard C. Shelby (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Sessions (R)
- US House Representative: Terri A. Sewell (D)
- County FIPS Code: 073
- State FIPS Code: 01
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 35203
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 35203 Zip Code
- High Schools
- Alabama School Of Fine Arts
- 1800 8th Ave N
- Birmingham, AL 35203
- (205) 252-9241
Photos near Zip Code 35203, Birmingham, AL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 35203 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://community.dps.state.al.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: