Welcome to SAINT STEPHEN, SC 29479
29479 is a sparsely populated, suburban zip code in Saint Stephen, South Carolina. Median household income here ($27,602) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, and mostly married couples. The average house value here ($99,900) is lower than in the Charleston-North Charleston metro area as a whole, so this could be a great place to look for housing bargains.
The median age here is 40. There are 3,505 men and 3,832 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 42.
29479 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 33 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tripoli, Libya!) and -80 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 45 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 29479
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Boulder Bluff
- College Park Village
- Conifer Hall Subdivision
- Crowfield Village Crime Watch
- Dunes West
- Elloree Farmers Market
- Fairlawn - Moss Point
- Hillside Farms
- Inlet Cove
- Manning Farmers Market
Real Estate & Home Values in Saint Stephen, SC
Average Home Value in 29479: $99,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 7,337
- White Population: 2,756
- Black Population: 4,509
- Hispanic Population: 119
- Asian Population: 13
- Hawaiian Population: 8
- Indian Population: 61
- Male Population: 3,505
- Female Population: 3,832
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 42
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: South Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charleston-North Charleston SC
- County: Berkeley
- City: Saint Stephen
- Longitude: -79.8
- Latitude: 33.3
- Elevation: 46 feet above sea level
- Area code: 843
- Average House Value: $99,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $32,031
- Businesses: 46
- Employees: 702
- Annual Payroll: $24,483,000
- Congressional District: 06
- Congressional District Land Area: 8119.0
- Sr Senator: Tim Scott (R)
- Jr Senator: Lindsey Graham (R)
- US House Representative: James E. Clyburn (D)
- County FIPS Code: 015
- State FIPS Code: 45
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 29479
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 29479 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- J K Gourdin Elementary School
- 2205 Hwy 35
- St Stephen, SC 29479
- (843) 567-3637
- St Stephen Elementary
- 1053 Russellville Rd.
- St Stephen, SC 29479
- (843) 567-2813
Photos near Zip Code 29479, Saint Stephen, SC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 29479 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://services.sled.sc.gov/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: