Welcome to RICHMOND, VA 23294
23294 is a suburban zip code in Richmond, Virginia. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $201,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Richmond metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $58,583/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 23294 is $54,412.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 23294 earn an average of $35,509/year. Women earn only $25,612/year.
9,775 people in 23294 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 23294? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 19.7 minutes.
The median age here is 31. There are 8,548 men and 9,010 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 31.
To give you a sense of the community, 5,539 people (out of the 17,558 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 8,362 homes, and 680 businesses every day. 177 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
23294 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Adana, Turkey!) and -78 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 325 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 23294
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Byrd House Market
- Covey Run HOA
- Greater Oxford Civic Association
- Grey Oaks
- Huguenot Farms
- Huguenot-Robious Farmers' Market @ The Great Big Greenhouse
- Lakeside Farmers' Market
- Libbie Granite and Westview Civic Association
- Malvern Gardens Civic Association
- Pine Run
HOA Property Management Information in Richmond, VA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Richmond, VA
Average Home Value in 23294: $201,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 17,558
- White Population: 10,200
- Black Population: 3,610
- Hispanic Population: 1,516
- Asian Population: 3,281
- Hawaiian Population: 26
- Indian Population: 164
- Male Population: 8,548
- Female Population: 9,010
- Median Age: 31
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 31
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Virginia
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Richmond VA
- County: Henrico
- City: Richmond
- Longitude: -77.5
- Latitude: 37.6
- Elevation: 325 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 804
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 9,609
- Drive alone: 8,130
- Carpool: 1,130
- Public transit: 114
- Ride bikes or walk: 177
- Average commute time: 19.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 140
- 5 - 9: 1,397
- 10 - 14: 2,104
- 15 - 19: 1,892
- 20 - 24: 1,561
- 25 - 29: 659
- 30 - 34: 1,035
- 35 - 39: 121
- 40 - 44: 135
- 45 - 59: 253
- 60 - 89: 163
- 90 plus: 149
- Average House Value: $201,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $51,682
- Businesses: 661
- Employees: 11,845
- Annual Payroll: $478,426,000
- Average Family Income: $58,583
- Median Family Income: $43,525
- Average Income for Men: $35,509
- Average Income for Women: $25,612
- Congressional District: 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 3514.0
- Sr Senator: Mark R. Warner (D)
- Jr Senator: Tim Kaine (D)
- US House Representative: Eric Cantor (R)
- County FIPS Code: 087
- State FIPS Code: 51
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 23294
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 23294 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Longan Elem.
- 9200 Mapleview Ave
- Richmond, VA 23294
- (804) 527-4640
- Skipwith Elem.
- 2401 Skipwith Rd
- Richmond, VA 23294
- (804) 527-4650
Photos near Zip Code 23294, Richmond, VA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 23294 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: