Welcome to PITTSBURGH, PA 15239
15239 is a suburban zip code in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $135,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Pittsburgh metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $57,574/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 15239 is $52,213.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 15239 earn an average of $38,337/year. Women earn only $21,970/year.
10,469 people in 15239 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 15239? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 29.0 minutes.
The median age here is 42. There are 10,348 men and 10,676 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 44.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,273 people (out of the 21,024 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 8,521 homes, and 421 businesses every day. 66 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
15239 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 40 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Yerevan, Armenia!) and -80 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,127 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 15239
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Alpha Terrece Preservation Society
- Chadwick Civic League
- Churchill Valley
- East Liberty
- East Liberty Concerned Citizens Corporation
- East Liberty Farmers Market
- East Liberty Gardens Tenant Council
- Farmers Coop Market of East Liberity
- Fox Chapel
- Franklin Estates Residents Association
- Friendship Development Associates
- Highland Park Citiparks Farmers Market
- Highland Park Community
- Highland Park Community Development Corporation
- Homewood-Brushton Community Improvement Assn.
- Kingsley Association
- Mellon Street Neighbors
- North Point Breeze Planning & Development
- Operation Better Block
- Park Place Association
- Paulson-Lincoln-Lemington Civic Association
- Regent Square Civic Association
- Rosedale Block Cluster
- S. Point Breeze Organization
- Swisshelm Park Community Group
- Wilkinsburg Farmers Market
HOA Property Management Information in Pittsburgh, PA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Pittsburgh, PA
Average Home Value in 15239: $135,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 21,024
- White Population: 19,926
- Black Population: 872
- Hispanic Population: 191
- Asian Population: 318
- Hawaiian Population: 14
- Indian Population: 66
- Male Population: 10,348
- Female Population: 10,676
- Median Age: 42
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 44
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: Pennsylvania
- CSA Name: Pittsburgh-New Castle, PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Pittsburgh PA
- County: Allegheny
- City: Pittsburgh
- Longitude: -79.7
- Latitude: 40.5
- Elevation: 1,127 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 412
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 10,214
- Drive alone: 8,807
- Carpool: 948
- Public transit: 334
- Ride bikes or walk: 66
- Average commute time: 29.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 234
- 5 - 9: 897
- 10 - 14: 1,008
- 15 - 19: 1,549
- 20 - 24: 1,295
- 25 - 29: 466
- 30 - 34: 1,312
- 35 - 39: 374
- 40 - 44: 488
- 45 - 59: 1,499
- 60 - 89: 933
- 90 plus: 159
- Average House Value: $135,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $67,113
- Businesses: 429
- Employees: 6,284
- Annual Payroll: $240,100,000
- Average Family Income: $57,574
- Median Family Income: $48,415
- Average Income for Men: $38,337
- Average Income for Women: $21,970
- Congressional District: 04
- Congressional District Land Area: 1302.0
- Sr Senator: Patrick J. Toomey (R)
- Jr Senator: Robert P., Jr. Casey (D)
- US House Representative: Scott Perry (R)
- County FIPS Code: 003
- State FIPS Code: 42
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 15239
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 15239 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Center El Sch
- 201 Center New Texas Rd
- Pittsburgh, PA 15239
- (412) 795-4420
- Holiday Park El Sch
- 4795 Havana Dr
- Pittsburgh, PA 15239
- (412) 795-4430
- Pivik El Sch
- 100 School Rd
- Pittsburgh, PA 15239
- (412) 795-4580
- Regency Park El Sch
- 606 Millers Ln
- Pittsburgh, PA 15239
- (412) 795-0660
Photos near Zip Code 15239, Pittsburgh, PA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 15239 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: