Welcome to VERONA, PA 15147
15147 is a suburban zip code in Verona, Pennsylvania. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. Housing prices here (average $88,100) are fairly typical for the Pittsburgh metro area.
The average family income here is $52,099/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 15147 is $46,337.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 15147 earn an average of $30,396/year. Women earn only $22,164/year.
8,116 people in 15147 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 15147? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.9 minutes.
The median age here is 47. There are 8,062 men and 9,333 women. The median age for men is 45 while for women the median age is 49.
To give you a sense of the community, 12,655 people (out of the 17,395 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 8,120 homes, and 319 businesses every day. 122 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
15147 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 40 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Beijing, China!) and -80 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,031 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 15147
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 8th District Republican Committee - Pittsburgh
- Alpha Terrece Preservation Society
- Bellefield Area Citizens Association
- Bloomfield Citizens Council
- Bloomfield Garfield Corporation
- Chadwick Civic League
- Churchill Valley
- East End Neighborhood Forum
- East Liberty
- East Liberty Concerned Citizens Corporation
- East Liberty Farmers Market
- East Liberty Gardens Tenant Council
- Farmers Coop Market of East Liberity
- Fox Chapel
- Friendship Development Associates
- Garfield Jubilee Association
- Highland Park Community
- Highland Park Community Development Corporation
- Homewood-Brushton Community Improvement Assn.
- Kingsley Association
- Lawrenceville United
- Lower Bloomfield Unity Council
- Mellon Street Neighbors
- Morningside Area Community Council
- Murray Towers Resident Council
- North Point Breeze Planning & Development
- Oakcliffe Housing Club
- Oakland Community Council
- Oakland Neighborhood Alliance
- Operation Better Block
- Park Place Association
- Paulson-Lincoln-Lemington Civic Association
- Regent Square Civic Association
- Rosedale Block Cluster
- Shadyside Action Coalition
- Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition
- Stanton Heights Community
- Stanton Heights Recreation Association
- Swisshelm Park Community Group
- Wilkinsburg Farmers Market
HOA Property Management Information in Verona, PA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Verona, PA
Average Home Value in 15147: $88,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 17,395
- White Population: 13,488
- Black Population: 3,945
- Hispanic Population: 220
- Asian Population: 95
- Hawaiian Population: 6
- Indian Population: 105
- Male Population: 8,062
- Female Population: 9,333
- Median Age: 47
- Median Age of Males: 45
- Median Age of Females: 49
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: Pennsylvania
- CSA Name: Pittsburgh-New Castle, PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Pittsburgh PA
- County: Allegheny
- City: Verona
- Longitude: -79.8
- Latitude: 40.5
- Elevation: 1,031 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 412
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 7,919
- Drive alone: 6,287
- Carpool: 924
- Public transit: 559
- Ride bikes or walk: 122
- Average commute time: 26.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 168
- 5 - 9: 768
- 10 - 14: 1,101
- 15 - 19: 893
- 20 - 24: 1,242
- 25 - 29: 538
- 30 - 34: 1,180
- 35 - 39: 329
- 40 - 44: 388
- 45 - 59: 809
- 60 - 89: 337
- 90 plus: 166
- Average House Value: $88,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $42,487
- Businesses: 281
- Employees: 3,935
- Annual Payroll: $140,826,000
- Average Family Income: $52,099
- Median Family Income: $36,897
- Average Income for Men: $30,396
- Average Income for Women: $22,164
- Congressional District: 04, 14, 18
- Congressional District Land Area: 1302.0, 161.0, 1431.0
- Sr Senator: Patrick J. Toomey (R)
- Jr Senator: Robert P., Jr. Casey (D)
- US House Representative: Scott Perry (R)
- County FIPS Code: 003
- State FIPS Code: 42
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 15147
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 15147 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Forbes El Sch
- 5785 Saltsburg Rd
- Verona, PA 15147
- (412) 793-2155
- Shenandoah El Sch
- 700 Idaho Avenue
- Verona, PA 15147
- (412) 795-1515
Photos near Zip Code 15147, Verona, PA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 15147 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: