Welcome to ROCHESTER, NY 14607
14607 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Rochester, New York. The population is primarily white, and mostly single. At $182,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Rochester metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $65,611/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 14607 is $47,396.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 14607 earn an average of $34,708/year. Women earn only $24,902/year.
10,890 people in 14607 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 14607? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 17.1 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 8,604 men and 7,619 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 28.
To give you a sense of the community, 4,725 people (out of the 16,223 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 9,330 homes, and 942 businesses every day. 861 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
14607 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 43 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Vladivostok, Russia!) and -78 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 519 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 14607
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Canal Grove HOA
- City of Rochester Public Market
- Coastal View Association of Homeowners
- Commons Southfield
- Fairport Farmers' Market
- Foodlink's Washington Square Farmers Market
- Forest Glen
- Genesee Riverview Neighborhood Group
- Irondequiot Neighborhood Watch
HOA Property Management Information in Rochester, NY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Rochester, NY
Average Home Value in 14607: $182,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 16,223
- White Population: 13,306
- Black Population: 2,266
- Hispanic Population: 873
- Asian Population: 601
- Hawaiian Population: 22
- Indian Population: 172
- Male Population: 8,604
- Female Population: 7,619
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 28
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New York
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Rochester NY
- County: Monroe
- City: Rochester
- Longitude: -77.6
- Latitude: 43.2
- Elevation: 520 feet above sea level
- Area code: 585
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 10,660
- Drive alone: 8,448
- Carpool: 682
- Public transit: 613
- Ride bikes or walk: 861
- Average commute time: 17.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 348
- 5 - 9: 1,645
- 10 - 14: 2,672
- 15 - 19: 2,550
- 20 - 24: 1,734
- 25 - 29: 457
- 30 - 34: 509
- 35 - 39: 145
- 40 - 44: 114
- 45 - 59: 195
- 60 - 89: 193
- 90 plus: 98
- Average House Value: $182,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $36,371
- Businesses: 691
- Employees: 10,622
- Annual Payroll: $363,648,000
- Average Family Income: $65,611
- Median Family Income: $30,732
- Average Income for Men: $34,708
- Average Income for Women: $24,902
- Congressional District: 28
- Congressional District Land Area: 534.0
- Sr Senator: Charles E. Schumer (D)
- Jr Senator: Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
- County FIPS Code: 055
- State FIPS Code: 36
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 14607
Schools in 14607 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Genesee Com Charter Sch At Rochester Museum
- 657 East Avenue
- Rochester, NY 14607
- (585) 271-4552
- School 15 Children's School Of Rochester (The)
- 494 Averill Avenue
- Rochester, NY 14607
- (585) 262-8830
- School 23 Francis Parker
- 170 Barrington Street
- Rochester, NY 14607
- (585) 473-5099
Photos near Zip Code 14607, Rochester, NY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 14607 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: