Welcome to ELIZABETH, NJ 07206
07206 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Elizabeth, New Jersey. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Looking for higher-end houses? Real estate prices here ($329,900) are significantly above average for the New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island metro area.
The average family income here is $39,635/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 07206 is $31,317.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 07206 earn an average of $26,158/year. Women earn only $18,065/year.
7,594 people in 07206 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 07206? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 07206 is 34.2 minutes!
The median age here is 30. There are 13,161 men and 13,475 women. The median age for men is 29 while for women the median age is 30.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,457 people (out of the 26,636 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 7,375 homes, and 539 businesses every day. people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
07206 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 41 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tashkent, Uzbekistan!) and -74 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 26 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 07206
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 5th Ward R.O.C.
- Arlington Civic Association
- Astronaut Village Civic Association
- Castleton Park Tenants Association
- Central Ward - District 43
- Cottages Hill Neighborhood Cor
- D3 South Quality of Life
- Elm Park Civic Association
- Elmwood Park Condo II
- Elmwood Park Condo III
- Four Corners Community Improvement Block Association
- Foxwood Run Condo
- Hallmark House Apartments Tenants Association
- Heartland Village Civic Association
- Latino Civic Association
- Lewiston Shale Homeowners Association
- Mariners Harbor Civic Association/Arlington Community Assn.
- Meadow Brook Civic Association
- Meadowbrook Park Homeowners
- Moore Catholic H.S.
- New Brighton Community Local Development Corp.
- Northfield Local Developoment Corp.
- NYPAC-Mid Island Civic Association
- Pondside Greens
- Richmond Terrace Tenant Association
- Rustic Woods Condo
- Silver Park Association
- Snug Harbor East Civic Association
- Stapleton Community Residents for Area Preservation
- Staten Island Civic Org. Inc.
- Todt Hill Civic Association
- Todt Hill Tenants Association
- Tompkinsville Civic Alliance
- Travis Civic Association
- United Staten Island Veterans Organization
- Wellbrook Ave. Block Association
- Westerleigh Improvement Society
- Wolf Place Neighborhood Watch
HOA Property Management Information in Elizabeth, NJ
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Elizabeth, NJ
Average Home Value in 07206: $329,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 26,636
- White Population: 14,365
- Black Population: 6,682
- Hispanic Population: 17,710
- Asian Population: 336
- Hawaiian Population: 72
- Indian Population: 411
- Male Population: 13,161
- Female Population: 13,475
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 29
- Median Age of Females: 30
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New Jersey
- CSA Name: New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island NY-NJ-PA
- County: Union
- City: Elizabeth
- Longitude: -74.2
- Latitude: 40.7
- Elevation: 26 feet above sea level
- Area code: 908
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 7,440
- Drive alone:
- Public transit:
- Ride bikes or walk:
- Average commute time: 34.2 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 210
- 5 - 9: 448
- 10 - 14: 837
- 15 - 19: 1,077
- 20 - 24: 895
- 25 - 29: 393
- 30 - 34: 1,478
- 35 - 39: 147
- 40 - 44: 208
- 45 - 59: 716
- 60 - 89: 539
- 90 plus: 492
- Average House Value: $329,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $41,327
- Businesses: 325
- Employees: 6,214
- Annual Payroll: $249,197,000
- Average Family Income: $39,635
- Median Family Income: $30,637
- Average Income for Men: $26,158
- Average Income for Women: $18,065
- Congressional District: 10, 13
- Congressional District Land Area: 66.0, 56.0
- Sr Senator: Jeff Chiesa (R)
- Jr Senator: Robert Menendez (D)
- US House Representative: Donald M. Payne Jr. (D)
- County FIPS Code: 039
- State FIPS Code: 34
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 07206
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 07206 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- No 13 B Franklin
- 248 Ripley Pl
- Elizabeth, NJ 07206
- (908) 436-5678
- No 1 G Washington
- 250 Broadway
- Elizabeth, NJ 07206
- (908) 436-5555
- No 20 John Marshall
- 521 Magnolia Ave
- Elizabeth, NJ 07206
- (908) 436-5800
Photos near Zip Code 07206, Elizabeth, NJ
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 07206 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.njsp.org/info/reg_sexoffend.html. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: