Barristers Place Community Assn.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. We just moved into Barristers Place and want to know about trash collection. 

Most of Barristers Place is outside the Town of Vienna and has Fairfax County trash collection however sections of Counsellor Street are in the Town of Vienna which has its own trash collection service. Details of dates and special collections are located in a page titled "Trash Collection" on this website.

As of March 20, 2013, the county has trash and recycle pickups on Thursday. Please DO NOT place your trash or yard waste on the  front curb before Wednesday at 6pm. Yard debris for houses backing onto Abottsford Drive should be put out on the front curb not on Abottsford Drive. 

2.   Is it possible to obtain a copy of a plat of my property from the County?

  Copies of final location plats are on file for many, but not all, dwellings in the County. If you would like to obtain a copy of a plat for your property, call the Zoning Permit Review Branch (ZPRB), Department of Planning and Zoning, at 703-222-1082, TTY 711. You must provide either the street address or the County tax map reference number in order to obtain a plat. If a copy of your plat is on file, staff can either mail you a copy or you may pick it up at the ZPRB office located at 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 250, Fairfax, VA 22035. The hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday and 9:15 AM to 4:00 PM Friday. Please note that, due to the distortion of plats during transmittal, faxed plats are not acceptable for submission with Building Permits. If a copy of your plat is not on file with the County, search your residential loan closing documents or contact the lending institution from which your mortgage was obtained.* 

3.What Homeowners Association approvals are we required to obtain if we want to:

  1.  renovate exterior of our house
  2. put on an addition
  3. change our garage
  4. repave our driveway
  5. install or replace a fence 

The convenants require that changes to the exterior of homes in Barristers Place require written approval from the Homeowners'  Board. Please submit your request for changes with a drawing of the proposed change to the Board via email. The Board has 30 days from the date of your request to approve or reject the proposed changes. The details of the approval process are located in the covenants which are posted on our website.


  4. How much are the dues, when are they due and why are there dues ?

The dues are currently $75 per year and are due each January. The dues are used to maintain and mow the median strip, maintain the park and for miscellaneous fees and expenses detailed in the annual Treasurer's Report which is posted on this website.


5. I have  problems with mail delivery, who can help ?

The Homeowners Association recommends that you contact the Post Office if you experience difficulty with mail delivery.


5. What vendor mows the median strip?

Prestige  Landscape currently has the contract to mow the median. 


6. Who do I call if I see a sign down on the median strip or chicanes?

Contact the secretary of the HOA at The secretary contacts VDOT and advises them of the problem.

7.  We are interested in getting recommendations for home repair contractors; does Barristers Place have a list of companies ?

Many of the Barristers Place residents use Angie's List. In addition, EBSCO Research distributes a "Best Pick Reports"  ( ) report every year in our neighborhood. The homeowners association does not maintain a list of recommended companies. If you are interested in starting a list, please contact  the HOA board at  

Posted by ecw on 06/12/2012
Last updated on 02/27/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertise Here!

Promote Your Business or Product for $10/mo


For just $10/mo you can promote your business or product directly to nearby residents. Buy 12 months and save 50%!


Zip Code Profiler

22181 Zip Code Details

Neighborhoods, Home Values, Schools, City & State Data, Sex Offender Lists, more.