Welcome to PORTLAND, OR 97209
97209 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Portland, Oregon. Median household income here ($22,185) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily white, and mostly single. At $377,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The median age here is 37. There are 8,390 men and 6,560 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 35.
97209 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 46 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Geneva, Switzerland!) and -123 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 37 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 97209
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Association for Portland Progress
- Historic Old Town Neighbors
- Neighbors West/Northwest
- Northwest District Association
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
Real Estate & Home Values in Portland, OR
Average Home Value in 97209: $377,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 1420 NW 20th Ave APT 203, Portland, OR
- 20 NW 16th Ave APT 110, Portland, OR
- 1410 NW Kearney St APT 612, Portland, OR
- 1420 NW Lovejoy St, Portland, OR
- 1400 NW Irving St Portland Or # 972092210, Portland, OR
- 20 NW 16th Ave APT 103, Portland, OR
- 104 NW 20th Ave, Portland, OR
- 20 NW 16th Ave APT 403, Portland, OR
- Total Population: 14,950
- White Population: 12,913
- Black Population: 856
- Hispanic Population: 812
- Asian Population: 1,096
- Hawaiian Population: 74
- Indian Population: 408
- Male Population: 8,390
- Female Population: 6,560
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 35
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: Oregon
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton OR-WA
- County: Multnomah
- City: Portland
- Longitude: -122.7
- Latitude: 45.5
- Elevation: 37 feet above sea level
- Area code: 503/971
- Average House Value: $377,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $35,618
- Businesses: 1,415
- Employees: 22,671
- Annual Payroll: $1,255,359,000
- Congressional District: 01
- Congressional District Land Area: 2941.0
- Sr Senator: Ron Wyden (D)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Merkley (D)
- US House Representative: Suzanne Bonamici (D)
- County FIPS Code: 051
- State FIPS Code: 41
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 97209
Schools in 97209 Zip Code
- Other Schools
- Metropolitan Learning Center
- 2033 Nw Glisan St
- Portland, OR 97209
- (503) 916-5737
- The Emerson School
- 105 Nw Park Ave
- Portland, OR 97209
- (503) 525-6124
Photos near Zip Code 97209, Portland, OR
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 97209 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: