Welcome to HONOLULU, HI 96822
96822 is an upscale urban zip code in Honolulu, Hawaii. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $609,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Honolulu metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $84,644/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 96822 earn an average of $42,217/year. Women earn only $27,346/year.
22,874 people in 96822 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 96822? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 19.8 minutes.
The median age here is 41. There are 21,772 men and 23,235 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 43.
To give you a sense of the community, 23,828 people (out of the 45,007 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 18,228 homes, and 306 businesses every day. 2,113 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 96822
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Honolulu, HI
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Honolulu, HI
Average Home Value in 96822: $609,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 45,007
- White Population: 16,325
- Black Population: 885
- Hispanic Population: 2,246
- Asian Population: 30,031
- Hawaiian Population: 6,499
- Indian Population: 828
- Male Population: 21,772
- Female Population: 23,235
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 43
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: Hawaii
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Honolulu HI
- County: Honolulu
- City: Honolulu
- Longitude: -157.8
- Latitude: 21.3
- Elevation: 894 feet above sea level
- Area code: 808
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 22,028
- Drive alone: 13,162
- Carpool: 3,952
- Public transit: 2,278
- Ride bikes or walk: 2,113
- Average commute time: 19.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 331
- 5 - 9: 2,078
- 10 - 14: 4,781
- 15 - 19: 5,639
- 20 - 24: 3,972
- 25 - 29: 860
- 30 - 34: 2,515
- 35 - 39: 219
- 40 - 44: 287
- 45 - 59: 737
- 60 - 89: 344
- 90 plus: 265
- Average House Value: $609,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $61,423
- Businesses: 494
- Employees: 8,917
- Annual Payroll: $301,366,000
- Average Family Income: $84,644
- Median Family Income: $47,207
- Average Income for Men: $42,217
- Average Income for Women: $27,346
- Congressional District: 01
- Congressional District Land Area: 190.0
- Sr Senator: Brian Schatz (D)
- Jr Senator: Mazie K. Hirono (D)
- US House Representative: Colleen W. Hanabusa (D)
- County FIPS Code: 003
- State FIPS Code: 15
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 96822
Schools in 96822 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Manoa Elementary School
- 3155 Manoa Road
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- (808) 988-1868
- Noelani Elementary School
- 2655 Woodlawn Drive
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- (808) 988-1858
- Middle Schools
- Stevenson Middle School
- 1202 Prospect Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- (808) 587-4520
Photos near Zip Code 96822, Honolulu, HI
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 96822 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.ehawaii.gov/sexoff/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: