Welcome to KAMUELA, HI 96743
96743 is a sparsely populated, upscale suburban zip code in Kamuela, Hawaii. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $500,600 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Hilo area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $76,281/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 96743 earn an average of $37,693/year. Women earn only $24,861/year.
4,047 people in 96743 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 96743? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 24.8 minutes.
The median age here is 40. There are 5,922 men and 6,238 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 4,277 people (out of the 12,160 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 2,429 homes, and 355 businesses every day. 119 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 96743
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Kamuela, HI
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Kamuela, HI
Average Home Value in 96743: $500,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 12,160
- White Population: 7,227
- Black Population: 112
- Hispanic Population: 1,013
- Asian Population: 4,660
- Hawaiian Population: 4,930
- Indian Population: 371
- Male Population: 5,922
- Female Population: 6,238
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: Hawaii
- CBSA Type: Micropolitan
- CBSA Name: Hilo HI
- County: Hawaii
- City: Kamuela
- Longitude: -155.8
- Latitude: 20.0
- Elevation: 1,342 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 808
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 3,813
- Drive alone: 2,820
- Carpool: 743
- Public transit: 37
- Ride bikes or walk: 119
- Average commute time: 24.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 195
- 5 - 9: 536
- 10 - 14: 731
- 15 - 19: 310
- 20 - 24: 341
- 25 - 29: 265
- 30 - 34: 494
- 35 - 39: 110
- 40 - 44: 129
- 45 - 59: 382
- 60 - 89: 242
- 90 plus: 78
- Average House Value: $500,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $74,036
- Businesses: 462
- Employees: 6,188
- Annual Payroll: $220,740,000
- Average Family Income: $76,281
- Median Family Income: $52,484
- Average Income for Men: $37,693
- Average Income for Women: $24,861
- Congressional District: 02
- Congressional District Land Area: 6231.0
- Sr Senator: Brian Schatz (D)
- Jr Senator: Mazie K. Hirono (D)
- US House Representative: Tulsi Gabbard (D)
- County FIPS Code: 001
- State FIPS Code: 15
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 96743
Schools in 96743 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Waimea Elementary
- 67 1255 Mamalahoa Highway
- Kamuela, HI 96743
- (808) 887-7636
- Middle Schools
- Waimea Middle School Pub Conversion Charter Sch
- 67 1229 Mamalahoa Hwy
- Kamuela, HI 96743
- (808) 887-6090
- Other Schools
- Kanu O Ka 'aina Public Charter School
- 65 1170 Opelo Road
- Kamuela, HI 96743
- (808) 887-8144
Photos near Zip Code 96743, Kamuela, HI
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 96743 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.ehawaii.gov/sexoff/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: