Welcome to LONG BEACH, CA 90806
90806 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Long Beach, California. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $423,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $43,770/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 90806 is $31,050.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 90806 earn an average of $29,049/year. Women earn only $22,544/year.
17,194 people in 90806 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 90806? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 28.3 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 20,717 men and 21,682 women. The median age for men is 29 while for women the median age is 32.
To give you a sense of the community, 20,227 people (out of the 42,399 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 12,620 homes, and 1,103 businesses every day. 530 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
90806 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Beirut, Lebanon!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 62 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 90806
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Atlantic Community Economic Development
- Atlantic Villas HOA
- Central Area Association
- Chestnut Avenue Association
- Colonial Park HOA
- Council of Business Organizations
- Elegante HOA
- Friends of the Los Angeles River (FoLAR)
- Golden Point Ca
- Golden Ranch HOA, Inc.
- Harbour View Condo Owners Assn.
- Hilltop Townhouses Condo Owners' Assn.
- Hispanic Business Association
- Lido Baia Condo Assn., Inc.
- Long Beach Area Citizens Involved
- Long Beach Blvd. Business & Apartment Assoc.
- Magnolia Industrial Group, Inc.
- Myrtle Neighbors
- Queen'S View HOA
- Queen'S View Owners Assn.
- Rosewood Terrace HOA
- Signal Hill Condo Assn.
- Sunrise Blvd. Neighborhood Association
- The Countryside Lane II HOA
- United Neighbors in Action
- Vista De Las Islas Owners' Assn.
- Willow Ridge Ca
- Wrigley Area Neighborhood Alliance (WANA)
- Wrigley Association
- Wrigley Heights Neighbors
- Wrigley Village Business Association
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Long Beach, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Long Beach, CA
Average Home Value in 90806: $423,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 42,399
- White Population: 12,997
- Black Population: 8,412
- Hispanic Population: 21,360
- Asian Population: 9,006
- Hawaiian Population: 764
- Indian Population: 677
- Male Population: 20,717
- Female Population: 21,682
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 29
- Median Age of Females: 32
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: Long Beach
- Longitude: -118.2
- Latitude: 33.8
- Elevation: 62 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 310/562
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 16,728
- Drive alone: 11,578
- Carpool: 3,143
- Public transit: 1,324
- Ride bikes or walk: 530
- Average commute time: 28.3 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 229
- 5 - 9: 1,056
- 10 - 14: 2,205
- 15 - 19: 2,808
- 20 - 24: 2,611
- 25 - 29: 864
- 30 - 34: 2,549
- 35 - 39: 367
- 40 - 44: 728
- 45 - 59: 1,722
- 60 - 89: 1,033
- 90 plus: 556
- Average House Value: $423,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $41,932
- Businesses: 866
- Employees: 21,506
- Annual Payroll: $1,222,739,000
- Average Family Income: $43,770
- Median Family Income: $31,488
- Average Income for Men: $29,049
- Average Income for Women: $22,544
- Congressional District: 37
- Congressional District Land Area: 74.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Karen Bass (D)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 90806
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 90806 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Alvarado (Juan Bautista) Elementary
- 1900 East 21st St.
- Signal Hill, CA 90806
- (562) 985-0019
- Birney Elementary
- 710 West Spring St.
- Long Beach, CA 90806
- (562) 427-8512
- Burnett Elementary
- 565 East Hill St.
- Long Beach, CA 90806
- (562) 595-9466
Photos near Zip Code 90806, Long Beach, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 90806 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: