Welcome to LOS ANGELES, CA 90028
90028 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Los Angeles, California. Median household income here ($21,893) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $645,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $32,337/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 90028 is $24,666.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 90028 earn an average of $25,445/year. Women earn only $20,019/year.
13,072 people in 90028 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 90028? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 90028 is 31.0 minutes!
The median age here is 34. There are 16,056 men and 12,658 women. The median age for men is 34 while for women the median age is 34.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,953 people (out of the 28,714 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 17,699 homes, and 2,124 businesses every day. 1,064 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
90028 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Islamabad, Pakistan!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 365 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 90028
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Brittany-Hartford HOA, Inc.
- Children of Victory
- Doheny Estates HOA, Inc.
- Hollywood Community Council - A Neighborhood Council
- Hollywood Entertainment District Property Owners A
- Ivar Hill Community Association
- Orange Drive Owners Assn.
- Polynesian Owners Assn.
- The Terrace Franklin HOA, Inc.
- The Villa Royale HOA
- Yucca Corridor Coalition
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Los Angeles, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Los Angeles, CA
Average Home Value in 90028: $645,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 1460 N Mansfield Ave APT 313, Los Angeles, CA
- 1714 N Mccadden Pl APT 1420, Hollywood, CA
- 1820 Canyon Dr APT 101, Los Angeles, CA
- 1820 Canyon Dr APT 301, Los Angeles, CA
- 1830 Taft Ave APT 204, Los Angeles, CA
- 1407 N Orange Dr, Los Angeles, CA
- 6531 Homewood Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 6537 Homewood Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- Total Population: 28,714
- White Population: 19,299
- Black Population: 2,683
- Hispanic Population: 9,229
- Asian Population: 2,842
- Hawaiian Population: 152
- Indian Population: 490
- Male Population: 16,056
- Female Population: 12,658
- Median Age: 34
- Median Age of Males: 34
- Median Age of Females: 34
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: Los Angeles
- Longitude: -118.3
- Latitude: 34.1
- Elevation: 366 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 213/323/818
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,488
- Drive alone: 7,574
- Carpool: 1,168
- Public transit: 2,502
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,064
- Average commute time: 31.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 216
- 5 - 9: 818
- 10 - 14: 1,318
- 15 - 19: 1,537
- 20 - 24: 1,719
- 25 - 29: 652
- 30 - 34: 2,204
- 35 - 39: 357
- 40 - 44: 648
- 45 - 59: 1,557
- 60 - 89: 970
- 90 plus: 492
- Average House Value: $645,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $31,415
- Businesses: 1,445
- Employees: 29,426
- Annual Payroll: $1,175,624,000
- Average Family Income: $32,337
- Median Family Income: $21,893
- Average Income for Men: $25,445
- Average Income for Women: $20,019
- Congressional District: 31, 30, 33
- Congressional District Land Area: 39.0, 285.0, 48.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Gary G. Miller (R)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 90028
- Hollywood Sears Farmers Market
- L.A. Atwater Village Farmers Market
- L.A. Central Avenue Farmers Market
Schools in 90028 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Cheremoya Avenue Elementary
- 6017 Franklin Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90028
- (323) 464-1722
- Grant Elementary
- 1530 North Wilton Pl.
- Los Angeles, CA 90028
- (323) 469-4046
- Selma Avenue Elementary
- 6611 Selma Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90028
- (323) 461-9418
Photos near Zip Code 90028, Los Angeles, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 90028 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: