Welcome to LAS VEGAS, NV 89117
89117 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Las Vegas, Nevada. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $293,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Las Vegas-Paradise metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $85,213/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 89117 earn an average of $55,045/year. Women earn only $30,816/year.
27,396 people in 89117 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 89117? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 24.0 minutes.
The median age here is 40. There are 27,312 men and 28,104 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 16,050 people (out of the 55,416 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 23,881 homes, and 1,197 businesses every day. 493 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
89117 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 36 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tunis, Tunisia!) and -115 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 2,640 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 89117
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Apache Springs HOA
- Aviana HOA
- Baycliff Creeks HOA
- Buffalo Area Owners Inc
- Canyon View Estates HOA
- Casa Real HOA.
- Century Meadows HOA
- Charles Lam Court Association
- Cheyenne at Southfork HOA
- Danyelle Court Homeowners Association
- Encantada Homeowners Assc
- Encantrada HOA
- Fox Canyon Estates HOA
- Glenview Landing T/H HOA
- Home Land Association
- Laguna Bay HOA
- Lakes Pacific Townhomes
- Lakeview Owners' Assn.
- Morning Star HOA
- Neighborhood Alliance
- Pago Court HOA
- Palisades Point POA
- Paloma Estates HOA
- Peccole Ranch
- Queensridge HOA
- Rain Tree Condos HOA
- Rainbow Crk at Ventana Cnyn HOA
- Rosanna O'Bannon Improvement Group
- Rosemere Estaes HOA
- Solitude Estates HOA
- South Shore Villas HOA
- Southfork HOA
- Spring Valley Neighborhood HOA
- Starfire HOA
- Starlight HOA
- Stone Canyon West HOA
- Sunpac HOA
- Sunrise Country HOA
- Tamrac HOA
- Tamrac Parc HOA
- Ten Oaks Estates HOA
- Terra Mia Estates HOA
- The Foothills HOA
- U. S. Water Patrol
- Valley View Meadows HOA
- Ventana Canyon HOA
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Las Vegas, NV
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Las Vegas, NV
Average Home Value in 89117: $293,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 55,416
- White Population: 39,372
- Black Population: 5,862
- Hispanic Population: 8,238
- Asian Population: 8,279
- Hawaiian Population: 656
- Indian Population: 747
- Male Population: 27,312
- Female Population: 28,104
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: West
- Division: Mountain
- State: Nevada
- CSA Name: Las Vegas-Paradise-Pahrump, NV
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Las Vegas-Paradise NV
- County: Clark
- City: Las Vegas
- Longitude: -115.3
- Latitude: 36.1
- Elevation: 2,641 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 702
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 26,638
- Drive alone: 21,956
- Carpool: 3,364
- Public transit: 584
- Ride bikes or walk: 493
- Average commute time: 24.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 439
- 5 - 9: 2,108
- 10 - 14: 2,428
- 15 - 19: 4,120
- 20 - 24: 6,279
- 25 - 29: 2,764
- 30 - 34: 5,596
- 35 - 39: 486
- 40 - 44: 690
- 45 - 59: 863
- 60 - 89: 452
- 90 plus: 413
- Average House Value: $293,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $56,941
- Businesses: 1,473
- Employees: 15,630
- Annual Payroll: $512,095,000
- Average Family Income: $85,213
- Median Family Income: $52,328
- Average Income for Men: $55,045
- Average Income for Women: $30,816
- Congressional District: 01, 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 177.0, 4569.0
- Sr Senator: Harry Reid (D)
- Jr Senator: Dean Heller (R)
- US House Representative: Dina Titus (D)
- County FIPS Code: 003
- State FIPS Code: 32
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 89117
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 89117 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Clarence Piggott Elementary School
- 9601 Red Hills Dr
- Las Vegas, NV 89117
- (702) 799-4450
- Herbert A. Derfelt Elementary School
- 1900 S Lisa Ln
- Las Vegas, NV 89117
- (702) 799-4370
Photos near Zip Code 89117, Las Vegas, NV
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 89117 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.nvsexoffenders.gov/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: