Welcome to ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87120
87120 is a urban zip code in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $198,600 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Albuquerque metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $64,715/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 87120 is $58,689.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 87120 earn an average of $38,831/year. Women earn only $24,835/year.
23,420 people in 87120 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 87120? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.6 minutes.
The median age here is 35. There are 27,842 men and 30,181 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 17,535 people (out of the 58,023 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 23,588 homes, and 571 businesses every day. 222 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
87120 Zip code is located in the Mountain time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kirkuk, Iraq!) and -107 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 5,114 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 87120
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Albuquerque, NM
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Albuquerque, NM
Average Home Value in 87120: $198,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 58,023
- White Population: 41,726
- Black Population: 2,584
- Hispanic Population: 30,420
- Asian Population: 1,788
- Hawaiian Population: 202
- Indian Population: 3,575
- Male Population: 27,842
- Female Population: 30,181
- Median Age: 35
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: West
- Division: Mountain
- State: New Mexico
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Albuquerque NM
- County: Bernalillo
- City: Albuquerque
- Longitude: -106.7
- Latitude: 35.1
- Elevation: 5,114 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 505
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 22,494
- Drive alone: 19,250
- Carpool: 2,735
- Public transit: 171
- Ride bikes or walk: 222
- Average commute time: 22.6 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 362
- 5 - 9: 1,165
- 10 - 14: 2,212
- 15 - 19: 4,889
- 20 - 24: 6,159
- 25 - 29: 2,262
- 30 - 34: 3,401
- 35 - 39: 312
- 40 - 44: 376
- 45 - 59: 593
- 60 - 89: 474
- 90 plus: 289
- Average House Value: $198,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $64,448
- Businesses: 597
- Employees: 7,606
- Annual Payroll: $189,499,000
- Average Family Income: $64,715
- Median Family Income: $53,029
- Average Income for Men: $38,831
- Average Income for Women: $24,835
- Congressional District: 01, 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 4716.0, 47146.0
- Sr Senator: Tom Udall (D)
- Jr Senator: Martin Heinrich (D)
- US House Representative: Michelle Lujan Grisham (D)
- County FIPS Code: 001
- State FIPS Code: 35
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 87120
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 87120 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Marie M Hughes Elementary
- 5701 Mojave Nw
- Albuquerque, NM 87120
- (505) 897-3080
- S. R. Marmon Element
- 6401 Iliff Road Nw
- Albuquerque, NM 87120
- (505) 831-5400
Photos near Zip Code 87120, Albuquerque, NM
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 87120 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.nmsexoffender.dps.state.nm.us/servlet/hit_serv.class. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: