Welcome to PHOENIX, AZ 85023
85023 is a urban zip code in Phoenix, Arizona. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $194,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $68,190/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 85023 is $52,145.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 85023 earn an average of $39,633/year. Women earn only $25,973/year.
17,642 people in 85023 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 85023? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 27.0 minutes.
The median age here is 35. There are 15,535 men and 15,739 women. The median age for men is 34 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,052 people (out of the 31,274 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,406 homes, and 377 businesses every day. 502 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
85023 Zip code is located in the Mountain time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Islamabad, Pakistan!) and -112 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,325 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 85023
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 1600 Helena Drive Neighors
- 16th Lane Block Watch
- Arroyo Crossing Neighbors
- Campo Bello Neighbors
- Conocido Neighbors
- Constitution Neighbors At Work
- Crystal Terrace Neighbors
- John Jacobs Neighbors
- Meadow Green Apartment Neighbors
- Meadow Watchers Neighbors
- Mission Square Neighbors
- Moon Mountain Vista
- Moonlight Cove Neighbors
- Mountain View Detention Basin Park Neighbors
- N. Phoenix Neighborhood Assn.
- North Phoenix Alliance
- Persian Gardens
- Phoenix Northgate
- Ponderosa North Homeowner's Association
- Quatros II Neighbors
- Rancho Encanto Neighborhood Association
- Spice/PTO Neighbors
- Sunset North Five Neighbors
- Thunderbird Ranch
- Thunderway Fight Back Neighbors
- Turf Estates Neighbors
- Turf Manor Neighbors
- Turtle Creek Homeowner's Association
- Union Hills Estates Block Watch
- Villa Maria
- Village Meadows Concerned Citizens Neighborhood Assoc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Phoenix, AZ
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Phoenix, AZ
Average Home Value in 85023: $194,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 31,274
- White Population: 24,581
- Black Population: 1,563
- Hispanic Population: 7,717
- Asian Population: 1,324
- Hawaiian Population: 146
- Indian Population: 781
- Male Population: 15,535
- Female Population: 15,739
- Median Age: 35
- Median Age of Males: 34
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: West
- Division: Mountain
- State: Arizona
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale AZ
- County: Maricopa
- City: Phoenix
- Longitude: -112.1
- Latitude: 33.6
- Elevation: 1,326 feet above sea level
- Area code: 602
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 17,174
- Drive alone: 13,723
- Carpool: 2,436
- Public transit: 263
- Ride bikes or walk: 502
- Average commute time: 27.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 272
- 5 - 9: 1,471
- 10 - 14: 2,272
- 15 - 19: 2,187
- 20 - 24: 2,420
- 25 - 29: 1,012
- 30 - 34: 3,154
- 35 - 39: 630
- 40 - 44: 831
- 45 - 59: 1,858
- 60 - 89: 789
- 90 plus: 278
- Average House Value: $194,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,146
- Businesses: 564
- Employees: 9,975
- Annual Payroll: $301,931,000
- Average Family Income: $68,190
- Median Family Income: $44,177
- Average Income for Men: $39,633
- Average Income for Women: $25,973
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 598.0
- Sr Senator: John McCain (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Flake (R)
- US House Representative: Ra?l M. Grijalva (D)
- County FIPS Code: 013
- State FIPS Code: 04
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 85023
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 85023 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Constitution Elementary School
- 18440 N. 15th Avenue
- Phoenix, AZ 85023
- (602) 467-6100
- John Jacobs Elementary School
- 14421 N 23rd Ave
- Phoenix, AZ 85023
- (602) 896-5700
- Lookout Mountain School
- 15 W Coral Gables Dr
- Phoenix, AZ 85023
- (602) 896-5900
- Village Meadows Elementary School
- 2020 West Morningside Drive
- Phoenix, AZ 85023
- (602) 467-6300
Photos near Zip Code 85023, Phoenix, AZ
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 85023 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.azsexoffender.org/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: