Welcome to PHOENIX, AZ 85020
85020 is a urban zip code in Phoenix, Arizona. The population is primarily white, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $228,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $69,148/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 85020 is $49,967.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 85020 earn an average of $43,491/year. Women earn only $28,557/year.
17,884 people in 85020 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 85020? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.9 minutes.
The median age here is 41. There are 16,163 men and 16,687 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 43.
To give you a sense of the community, 14,565 people (out of the 32,850 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 15,935 homes, and 963 businesses every day. 533 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
85020 Zip code is located in the Mountain time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Beirut, Lebanon!) and -112 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,262 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 85020
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Abels Acres Neigh. Assoc. And Block Watch
- Cactus Heights Block Watch
- Central Avenue Plaza
- Central Square
- Desert Park Neighbors
- Dreamy Draw Neighbors
- East Roosevelt Neighbors
- Echo Lane Neighbors
- Hillier Heights
- Holiday Spa Neighbors
- Las Arboledas United Neighbors
- Montiel Neighbors
- Most Holy Trinity Neighbors
- Mount Central Homeowners Association
- New North Town/Tenth Street Wash Neighbors
- North Phoenix Alliance
- Northridge Village Neighbors
- Northwood Estates I Block Watch
- Northwood Neighborhodd Association
- Norton Hills Neighbors
- Orangewood East Neighbors
- Orangewood Retirement Neighbors
- Palo Verde Garden Neighbors
- Parkwood/Skyline Neighbors
- Pueblo Hermoso Neighbors
- Squaw Peak Phoenix Neighborhood Patrol
- Sunnyslope Village Alliance
- The House of Refuge, Sunnyslope
- The Watchers Neighbors
- Torre Blanca Neighbors
- Upshaw Desert Heights Neighbors
- Uptown Sunnyslope Neighbors
- Villa Sierra Madre II
- Village Center Neighbors
- Villas Sunrise
- Vogel - 13th St. Neighbors
- West Sunnyslope Residents Block Watch Group
- West Willow Neighbors
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Phoenix, AZ
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Phoenix, AZ
Average Home Value in 85020: $228,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 32,850
- White Population: 26,636
- Black Population: 1,500
- Hispanic Population: 8,894
- Asian Population: 962
- Hawaiian Population: 73
- Indian Population: 937
- Male Population: 16,163
- Female Population: 16,687
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 43
- Region: West
- Division: Mountain
- State: Arizona
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale AZ
- County: Maricopa
- City: Phoenix
- Longitude: -112.1
- Latitude: 33.6
- Elevation: 1,262 feet above sea level
- Area code: 602/623
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 17,215
- Drive alone: 13,318
- Carpool: 2,584
- Public transit: 550
- Ride bikes or walk: 533
- Average commute time: 23.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 315
- 5 - 9: 1,348
- 10 - 14: 2,004
- 15 - 19: 2,626
- 20 - 24: 3,501
- 25 - 29: 1,472
- 30 - 34: 3,550
- 35 - 39: 558
- 40 - 44: 459
- 45 - 59: 770
- 60 - 89: 368
- 90 plus: 244
- Average House Value: $228,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $47,112
- Businesses: 976
- Employees: 14,361
- Annual Payroll: $612,861,000
- Average Family Income: $69,148
- Median Family Income: $40,915
- Average Income for Men: $43,491
- Average Income for Women: $28,557
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 598.0
- Sr Senator: John McCain (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Flake (R)
- US House Representative: Ra?l M. Grijalva (D)
- County FIPS Code: 013
- State FIPS Code: 04
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 85020
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 85020 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Desert View Elementary School
- 8621 N. 3rd Street
- Phoenix, AZ 85020
- (602) 347-4000
- Madison Heights School
- 7150 N 22nd Street
- Phoenix, AZ 85020
- (602) 664-7800
- Madison Richard Simis School
- 7302 N 10th Street
- Phoenix, AZ 85020
- (602) 664-7300
Photos near Zip Code 85020, Phoenix, AZ
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 85020 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.azsexoffender.org/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: