Welcome to EL PASO, TX 79938
79938 is a sparsely populated, urban zip code in El Paso, Texas. Median household income here ($28,829) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, younger, and mostly married couples. At $123,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the El Paso metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $36,445/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 79938 is $29,534.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 79938 earn an average of $21,071/year. Women earn only $14,512/year.
5,388 people in 79938 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
The median age here is 28. There are 27,506 men and 26,014 women. The median age for men is 28 while for women the median age is 28.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,571 people (out of the 53,520 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 19,862 homes, and 443 businesses every day. 48 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
79938 Zip code is located in the Mountain time zone at 32 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Ciudad Juarez, Mexico!) and -106 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 4,040 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 79938
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in El Paso, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in El Paso, TX
Average Home Value in 79938: $123,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 53,520
- White Population: 45,941
- Black Population: 2,183
- Hispanic Population: 46,513
- Asian Population: 763
- Hawaiian Population: 98
- Indian Population: 432
- Male Population: 27,506
- Female Population: 26,014
- Median Age: 28
- Median Age of Males: 28
- Median Age of Females: 28
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: El Paso TX
- County: El Paso
- City: El Paso
- Longitude: -106.2
- Latitude: 31.8
- Elevation: 4,041 feet above sea level
- Area code: 915
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 5,224
- Drive alone: 4,010
- Carpool: 1,057
- Public transit: 31
- Ride bikes or walk: 48
- Average commute time: 30.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 89
- 5 - 9: 239
- 10 - 14: 183
- 15 - 19: 591
- 20 - 24: 847
- 25 - 29: 471
- 30 - 34: 1,321
- 35 - 39: 164
- 40 - 44: 437
- 45 - 59: 518
- 60 - 89: 298
- 90 plus: 66
- Average House Value: $123,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $48,613
- Businesses: 277
- Employees: 3,784
- Annual Payroll: $102,241,000
- Average Family Income: $36,445
- Median Family Income: $28,829
- Average Income for Men: $21,071
- Average Income for Women: $14,512
- Congressional District: 16, 23
- Congressional District Land Area: 580.0, 48455.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Beto O?Rourke (D)
- County FIPS Code: 141
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 79938
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 79938 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Hurshel Antwine School
- 3830 Rich Beem
- El Paso, TX 79938
- (915) 937-6400
- Lujan Chavez Elementary School
- 2200 Sun Country Rd
- El Paso, TX 79938
- (915) 937-8700
Photos near Zip Code 79938, El Paso, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 79938 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: