Welcome to DEL RIO, TX 78840
78840 is a sparsely populated, suburban zip code in Del Rio, Texas. Median household income here ($28,551) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. Housing prices here (average $58,800) are fairly typical for the Del Rio area.
The median age here is 30.6. There are 21,765 men and 22,468 women. The median age for men is 29.5 while for women the median age is 31.7.
78840 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 29 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Sidi Ifni, Morocco!) and -101 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 972 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78840
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Real Estate & Home Values in Del Rio, TX
Average Home Value in 78840: $58,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 44,233
- White Population: 33,720
- Black Population: 690
- Hispanic Population: 33,622
- Asian Population: 247
- Hawaiian Population: 23
- Indian Population: 305
- Male Population: 21,765
- Female Population: 22,468
- Median Age: 30.6
- Median Age of Males: 29.5
- Median Age of Females: 31.7
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Micropolitan
- CBSA Name: Del Rio TX
- County: Val Verde
- City: Del Rio
- Longitude: -100.9
- Latitude: 29.4
- Elevation: 972 feet above sea level
- Area code: 432/830
- Average House Value: $58,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $37,437
- Businesses: 738
- Employees: 9,225
- Annual Payroll: $170,248,000
- Congressional District: 23
- Congressional District Land Area: 48455.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay Bailey Hutchison (R)
- US House Representative: Ciro D. Rodriguez (D)
- County FIPS Code: 465
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78840
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78840 Zip Code
- Other Schools
- Eagle Academy Of Del Rio
- 1306 E Gibbs
- Del Rio, TX 78840
- (830) 774-1559
- Juvenile Detention Center
- 205 Memorial Dr
- Del Rio, TX 78840
Photos near Zip Code 78840, Del Rio, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78840 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: