Welcome to AUSTIN, TX 78757
78757 is a urban zip code in Austin, Texas. The population is primarily white, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $238,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Austin-Round Rock metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $63,126/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 78757 is $54,252.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78757 earn an average of $34,372/year. Women earn only $27,849/year.
12,103 people in 78757 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78757? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 19.2 minutes.
The median age here is 37. There are 10,453 men and 10,857 women. The median age for men is 36 while for women the median age is 38.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,058 people (out of the 21,310 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 10,240 homes, and 1,082 businesses every day. 346 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78757 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Wuhan, China!) and -98 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 727 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78757
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in Austin, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Austin, TX
Average Home Value in 78757: $238,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 21,310
- White Population: 18,821
- Black Population: 816
- Hispanic Population: 4,894
- Asian Population: 650
- Hawaiian Population: 17
- Indian Population: 301
- Male Population: 10,453
- Female Population: 10,857
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 36
- Median Age of Females: 38
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Austin-Round Rock TX
- County: Travis
- City: Austin
- Longitude: -97.7
- Latitude: 30.4
- Elevation: 727 feet above sea level
- Area code: 512
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 11,615
- Drive alone: 9,274
- Carpool: 1,429
- Public transit: 372
- Ride bikes or walk: 346
- Average commute time: 19.2 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 223
- 5 - 9: 1,420
- 10 - 14: 2,315
- 15 - 19: 2,637
- 20 - 24: 2,235
- 25 - 29: 645
- 30 - 34: 1,143
- 35 - 39: 137
- 40 - 44: 190
- 45 - 59: 377
- 60 - 89: 191
- 90 plus: 102
- Average House Value: $238,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $54,205
- Businesses: 920
- Employees: 10,580
- Annual Payroll: $350,785,000
- Average Family Income: $63,126
- Median Family Income: $45,090
- Average Income for Men: $34,372
- Average Income for Women: $27,849
- Congressional District: 10
- Congressional District Land Area: 3803.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Michael T. McCaul (R)
- County FIPS Code: 453
- State FIPS Code: 48
Schools in 78757 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Brentwood El
- 6700 Arroyo Seco St
- Austin, TX 78757
- (512) 414-2039
- Pillow El
- 3025 Crosscreek Dr
- Austin, TX 78757
- (512) 414-2350
- Wooten El
- 1406 Dale Dr
- Austin, TX 78757
- (512) 414-2315
Photos near Zip Code 78757, Austin, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78757 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: