Welcome to AUSTIN, TX 78741
78741 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Austin, Texas. Median household income here ($25,369) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, younger, and mostly single. Housing prices here (average $117,000) are fairly typical for the Austin-Round Rock metro area.
The average family income here is $36,910/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 78741 is $28,849.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78741 earn an average of $19,212/year. Women earn only $16,760/year.
22,667 people in 78741 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78741? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.0 minutes.
The median age here is 25. There are 23,969 men and 20,966 women. The median age for men is 26 while for women the median age is 25.
To give you a sense of the community, 6,538 people (out of the 44,935 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 19,423 homes, and 665 businesses every day. 423 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78741 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Lhasa, Tibet!) and -98 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 466 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78741
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Austin, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Austin, TX
Average Home Value in 78741: $117,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 44,935
- White Population: 25,549
- Black Population: 5,180
- Hispanic Population: 27,925
- Asian Population: 2,129
- Hawaiian Population: 115
- Indian Population: 924
- Male Population: 23,969
- Female Population: 20,966
- Median Age: 25
- Median Age of Males: 26
- Median Age of Females: 25
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Austin-Round Rock TX
- County: Travis
- City: Austin
- Longitude: -97.7
- Latitude: 30.2
- Elevation: 467 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 512
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 22,370
- Drive alone: 14,469
- Carpool: 4,412
- Public transit: 2,586
- Ride bikes or walk: 423
- Average commute time: 23.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 356
- 5 - 9: 1,846
- 10 - 14: 3,528
- 15 - 19: 4,932
- 20 - 24: 3,570
- 25 - 29: 1,187
- 30 - 34: 4,000
- 35 - 39: 343
- 40 - 44: 459
- 45 - 59: 972
- 60 - 89: 844
- 90 plus: 333
- Average House Value: $117,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $30,021
- Businesses: 477
- Employees: 8,478
- Annual Payroll: $326,854,000
- Average Family Income: $36,910
- Median Family Income: $25,369
- Average Income for Men: $19,212
- Average Income for Women: $16,760
- Congressional District: 25
- Congressional District Land Area: 6146.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Roger Williams (R)
- County FIPS Code: 453
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78741
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78741 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Allison El
- 515 Vargas Rd
- Austin, TX 78741
- (512) 414-2004
- Baty El
- 2101 Faro Dr
- Austin, TX 78741
- (512) 386-3450
Photos near Zip Code 78741, Austin, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78741 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: