Welcome to AUSTIN, TX 78728
78728 is a suburban zip code in Austin, Texas. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Looking for higher-end houses? Real estate prices here ($167,200) are significantly above average for the Austin-Round Rock metro area.
The median age here is 31. There are 10,015 men and 10,284 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 32.
78728 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Wuhan, China!) and -98 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 788 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78728
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 6701 Burnet Road Market
- Anderson Mill West
- Austin Farmers Market Association II
- Austin Farmers Market Association III
- Austin Farmers Market Association VI
- Avery Ranch
- Bohls Neighborhood Association
- Brushy Creek Village HOA
- CM Ome
- Canyon Rim Neighborhood Assoc.
- Cedar Park Town Center
- Chandler Creek
- Creeks of Austin
- Deer Creek Ranch
- Eggers Acres Community
- Estates of Hunters Chase HOA
- Greenhill Neighborhood
- Lamplight Village Neighborhood Improvement Project
- Los Indios
- Mesa Trails HOA
- Mountain Creek Estates
- NEWCNA - NE Walnut Creek Neighborhood Assn..
- Northwest hills
- Preserve at Gann Ranch
- Red Oaks
- Round Rock Farmers Market
- South Creek POA
- Springwoods Mud
- The Commons at Avery Ranch
- The Reserve at Westcreek
- Turtle Rock Neighborhood Watch
- WCMFOA - Owners Assn.
- Walsh Trails
Real Estate & Home Values in Austin, TX
Average Home Value in 78728: $167,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 20,299
- White Population: 13,315
- Black Population: 3,153
- Hispanic Population: 5,447
- Asian Population: 2,249
- Hawaiian Population: 48
- Indian Population: 344
- Male Population: 10,015
- Female Population: 10,284
- Median Age: 31
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 32
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Austin-Round Rock TX
- County: Travis
- City: Austin
- Longitude: -97.7
- Latitude: 30.4
- Elevation: 788 feet above sea level
- Area code: 512
- Average House Value: $167,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $46,870
- Businesses: 467
- Employees: 9,527
- Annual Payroll: $407,762,000
- Congressional District: 31, 10
- Congressional District Land Area: 7133.0, 3803.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: John R. Carter (R)
- County FIPS Code: 453
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78728
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78728 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Northwest El
- 14014 Thermal Dr
- Austin, TX 78728
- (512) 594-4400
- Wells Branch El
- 14650 Merriltown Dr
- Austin, TX 78728
- (512) 428-3400
- Other Schools
- Star Charter School
- 1901 Fleisher Dr
- Austin, TX 78728
- (512) 989-2672
Photos near Zip Code 78728, Austin, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78728 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: