Welcome to WIMBERLEY, TX 78676
78676 is a sparsely populated, rural zip code in Wimberley, Texas. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. At $223,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Austin-Round Rock metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $72,130/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78676 earn an average of $44,275/year. Women earn only $24,726/year.
4,341 people in 78676 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78676? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 78676 is 31.6 minutes!
The median age here is 50. There are 6,094 men and 6,508 women. The median age for men is 49 while for women the median age is 51.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,875 people (out of the 12,602 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 5,196 homes, and 313 businesses every day. 71 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78676 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Wuhan, China!) and -98 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 966 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78676
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Wimberley, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Wimberley, TX
Average Home Value in 78676: $223,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 12,602
- White Population: 12,109
- Black Population: 66
- Hispanic Population: 1,391
- Asian Population: 64
- Hawaiian Population: 5
- Indian Population: 218
- Male Population: 6,094
- Female Population: 6,508
- Median Age: 50
- Median Age of Males: 49
- Median Age of Females: 51
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Austin-Round Rock TX
- County: Hays
- City: Wimberley
- Longitude: -98.1
- Latitude: 30.0
- Elevation: 967 feet above sea level
- Area code: 512
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 3,966
- Drive alone: 3,272
- Carpool: 584
- Public transit: 13
- Ride bikes or walk: 71
- Average commute time: 31.6 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 181
- 5 - 9: 467
- 10 - 14: 496
- 15 - 19: 418
- 20 - 24: 329
- 25 - 29: 160
- 30 - 34: 320
- 35 - 39: 139
- 40 - 44: 119
- 45 - 59: 618
- 60 - 89: 627
- 90 plus: 92
- Average House Value: $223,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $68,185
- Businesses: 339
- Employees: 2,099
- Annual Payroll: $54,940,000
- Average Family Income: $72,130
- Median Family Income: $52,809
- Average Income for Men: $44,275
- Average Income for Women: $24,726
- Congressional District: 25
- Congressional District Land Area: 6146.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Roger Williams (R)
- County FIPS Code: 209
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78676
Schools in 78676 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Bowen Int
- 14501 Ranch Rd 12 N
- Wimberley, TX 78676
- (512) 847-5558
- Scudder Pri
- 400 Green Acres Dr
- Wimberley, TX 78676
- (512) 847-3407
- Middle Schools
- Wimberley J H
- 200 Texan Blvd
- Wimberley, TX 78676
- (512) 847-2181
Photos near Zip Code 78676, Wimberley, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78676 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: