Welcome to DALLAS, TX 75228
75228 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Dallas, Texas. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $104,700) are fairly typical for the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metro area.
The average family income here is $45,332/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 75228 is $36,809.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 75228 earn an average of $28,498/year. Women earn only $21,844/year.
27,871 people in 75228 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 75228? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 75228 is 30.1 minutes!
The median age here is 31. There are 32,181 men and 34,370 women. The median age for men is 30 while for women the median age is 32.
To give you a sense of the community, 26,892 people (out of the 66,551 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 24,585 homes, and 1,016 businesses every day. 466 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
75228 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 33 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Baghdad, Iraq!) and -97 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 516 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 75228
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Briarwood Neighborhood Association
- Casa Linda Forest Neighborhood Association
- Casa View #1135 Neighborhood Watch
- Casa View Neighborhood Association
- Cayuga Drive
- Crestview Park
- Crime Watch 1153
- Eastwood Hills
- Ferguson Road Initiative (FRI)
- Forest Oaks
- Harry Stone Crime Watch #1155
- Hillview Terrace Neighborhood Association
- Las Casas HOA
- Linda Heights Neighborhood Assocation
- Lindenwood Park
- Oates Drive Irregulars
- Saint Andrews-1138 Crime Watch
- Stonegate at Forest Hills
- The Estates at Forest Hills Homeowners Association
- Trails One Homeowners Association
- Truett Area Crime Watch
- White Rock Village Crime Watch 1202
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Dallas, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Dallas, TX
Average Home Value in 75228: $104,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 66,551
- White Population: 34,926
- Black Population: 15,411
- Hispanic Population: 32,937
- Asian Population: 2,038
- Hawaiian Population: 111
- Indian Population: 915
- Male Population: 32,181
- Female Population: 34,370
- Median Age: 31
- Median Age of Males: 30
- Median Age of Females: 32
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CSA Name: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington TX
- County: Dallas
- City: Dallas
- Longitude: -96.7
- Latitude: 32.8
- Elevation: 517 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 214/972
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 27,422
- Drive alone: 19,015
- Carpool: 6,053
- Public transit: 1,641
- Ride bikes or walk: 466
- Average commute time: 30.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 236
- 5 - 9: 1,462
- 10 - 14: 2,630
- 15 - 19: 3,800
- 20 - 24: 4,378
- 25 - 29: 1,609
- 30 - 34: 5,956
- 35 - 39: 846
- 40 - 44: 942
- 45 - 59: 2,807
- 60 - 89: 1,912
- 90 plus: 844
- Average House Value: $104,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $37,242
- Businesses: 653
- Employees: 9,620
- Annual Payroll: $286,930,000
- Average Family Income: $45,332
- Median Family Income: $33,685
- Average Income for Men: $28,498
- Average Income for Women: $21,844
- Congressional District: 03, 30, 05
- Congressional District Land Area: 264.0, 317.0, 5429.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Sam Johnson (R)
- County FIPS Code: 113
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 75228
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 75228 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Bayles El
- 2444 Telegraph Ave
- Dallas, TX 75228
- (972) 749-8900
- Casa View El
- 2100 N Farola Dr
- Dallas, TX 75228
- (972) 749-7700
- Charles A Gill El
- 10910 Ferguson Rd
- Dallas, TX 75228
- (972) 749-8400
- Edwin J Kiest El
- 2611 Healey Dr
- Dallas, TX 75228
- (972) 502-5600
Photos near Zip Code 75228, Dallas, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 75228 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: