Welcome to KEITHVILLE, LA 71047
71047 is a sparsely populated, suburban zip code in Keithville, Louisiana. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $97,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Shreveport-Bossier City metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $55,367/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 71047 is $48,795.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 71047 earn an average of $33,460/year. Women earn only $22,283/year.
4,857 people in 71047 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 71047? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.7 minutes.
The median age here is 40. There are 6,390 men and 5,813 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 5,902 people (out of the 12,203 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 4,558 homes, and 118 businesses every day. 22 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
71047 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 32 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Ciudad Juarez, Mexico!) and -94 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 229 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 71047
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Barksdale Annex Neighborhood Association
- Belle Maison
- Briarcliff Neighborhood Watch
- Brunswick Place HOA
- Brushy Bayou
- Carriage Oaks Crossing
- Country Club
- Eastwood on the Bayou
- Ellerbe Road Estates Neighborhood Forum
HOA Property Management Information in Keithville, LA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Keithville, LA
Average Home Value in 71047: $97,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 12,203
- White Population: 9,740
- Black Population: 2,291
- Hispanic Population: 265
- Asian Population: 63
- Hawaiian Population: 16
- Indian Population: 181
- Male Population: 6,390
- Female Population: 5,813
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Louisiana
- CSA Name: Shreveport-Bossier City-Minden, LA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Shreveport-Bossier City LA
- County: Caddo
- City: Keithville
- Longitude: -93.9
- Latitude: 32.3
- Elevation: 229 feet above sea level
- Area code: 318
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,791
- Drive alone: 4,085
- Carpool: 601
- Public transit: 18
- Ride bikes or walk: 22
- Average commute time: 26.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 64
- 5 - 9: 131
- 10 - 14: 387
- 15 - 19: 644
- 20 - 24: 1,005
- 25 - 29: 479
- 30 - 34: 1,246
- 35 - 39: 157
- 40 - 44: 171
- 45 - 59: 317
- 60 - 89: 121
- 90 plus: 69
- Average House Value: $97,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $50,900
- Businesses: 119
- Employees: 708
- Annual Payroll: $29,543,000
- Average Family Income: $55,367
- Median Family Income: $40,808
- Average Income for Men: $33,460
- Average Income for Women: $22,283
- Congressional District: 04
- Congressional District Land Area: 10764.0
- Sr Senator: David Vitter (R)
- Jr Senator: Mary L. Landrieu (D)
- US House Representative: John Fleming (R)
- County FIPS Code: 017
- State FIPS Code: 22
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 71047
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 71047 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Keithville Elementary/Middle School
- 12201 Mansfield Road
- Keithville, LA 71047
- (318) 925-1005
- High Schools
- Forcht Wade Correctional Center
- 7990 Caddo Drive
- Keithville, LA 71047
- (318) 925-7112
Photos near Zip Code 71047, Keithville, LA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 71047 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/socpr/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: