Welcome to NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112
70112 is an upscale urban zip code in New Orleans, Louisiana. Median household income here ($7,448) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $261,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $16,453/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 70112 is $6,083.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 70112 earn an average of $26,830/year. Women earn only $12,379/year.
1,433 people in 70112 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 70112? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.8 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 1,840 men and 1,815 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 31.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,029 people (out of the 3,655 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 3,163 homes, and 935 businesses every day. 632 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
70112 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Cairo, Egypt!) and -90 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 70112
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- French Quarter Citizens for Preservation of Residential Quality
- Gentilly Terrace & Garden Improvement Assoc.
- Gundolfo, Kuhn and Association
- Mid-City Bienville Corridor Consortium
- Organization for the Renaissance of Rampart Street
- Upper Quarter Citizens for Residential Quality Inc.
- Upper Quarter Neighborhood Watch
- Vieux Carre Prop.Owners, Residents, & Asso, Inc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in New Orleans, LA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in New Orleans, LA
Average Home Value in 70112: $261,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 3,655
- White Population: 1,362
- Black Population: 1,999
- Hispanic Population: 208
- Asian Population: 264
- Hawaiian Population: 9
- Indian Population: 36
- Male Population: 1,840
- Female Population: 1,815
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 31
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Louisiana
- CSA Name: New Orleans-Metairie-Bogalusa, LA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: New Orleans-Metairie-Kenner LA
- County: Orleans
- City: New Orleans
- Longitude: -90.1
- Latitude: 30.0
- Elevation: 1 feet above sea level
- Area code: 504
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 1,372
- Drive alone: 309
- Carpool: 110
- Public transit: 321
- Ride bikes or walk: 632
- Average commute time: 22.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 135
- 5 - 9: 161
- 10 - 14: 254
- 15 - 19: 244
- 20 - 24: 216
- 25 - 29: 27
- 30 - 34: 118
- 35 - 39: 17
- 40 - 44: 17
- 45 - 59: 60
- 60 - 89: 90
- 90 plus: 33
- Average House Value: $261,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $13,979
- Businesses: 658
- Employees: 24,605
- Annual Payroll: $1,541,072,000
- Average Family Income: $16,453
- Median Family Income: $7,448
- Average Income for Men: $26,830
- Average Income for Women: $12,379
- Congressional District: 02
- Congressional District Land Area: 265.0
- Sr Senator: David Vitter (R)
- Jr Senator: Mary L. Landrieu (D)
- US House Representative: Cedric L. Richmond (D)
- County FIPS Code: 071
- State FIPS Code: 22
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 70112
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 70112 Zip Code
- Other Schools
- Albert Wicker Elementary School
- 2011 Bienville Avenue
- New Orleans, LA 70112
- (504) 592-8533
- New Orleans Center For Health Careers
- 2009 Palmyra Street
- New Orleans, LA 70112
- (504) 592-8500
Photos near Zip Code 70112, New Orleans, LA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 70112 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/socpr/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: