Welcome to THOMPSONVILLE, IL 62890
The average family income here is $42,570/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 62890 is $39,861.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 62890 earn an average of $29,531/year. Women earn only $14,643/year.
1,055 people in 62890 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 62890? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 62890 is 31.3 minutes!
The median age here is 41. There are 1,467 men and 1,415 women. The median age for men is 41 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 1,604 people (out of the 2,882 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 1,065 homes, and 17 businesses every day. 5 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
62890 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Adana, Turkey!) and -89 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 499 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 62890
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in Thompsonville, IL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Thompsonville, IL
Average Home Value in 62890: $79,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 2,882
- White Population: 2,851
- Black Population: 15
- Hispanic Population: 30
- Asian Population: 11
- Hawaiian Population: 0
- Indian Population: 26
- Male Population: 1,467
- Female Population: 1,415
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 41
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Illinois
- County: Franklin
- City: Thompsonville
- Longitude: -88.8
- Latitude: 37.9
- Elevation: 499 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 618
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 1,008
- Drive alone: 851
- Carpool: 130
- Public transit: 2
- Ride bikes or walk: 5
- Average commute time: 31.3 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 20
- 5 - 9: 53
- 10 - 14: 57
- 15 - 19: 138
- 20 - 24: 165
- 25 - 29: 115
- 30 - 34: 176
- 35 - 39: 48
- 40 - 44: 43
- 45 - 59: 110
- 60 - 89: 34
- 90 plus: 49
- Average House Value: $79,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $39,681
- Businesses: 20
- Employees: 95
- Annual Payroll: $2,520,000
- Average Family Income: $42,570
- Median Family Income: $34,583
- Average Income for Men: $29,531
- Average Income for Women: $14,643
- Congressional District: 12, 19
- Congressional District Land Area: 4424.0, 11518.0
- Sr Senator: Mark Kirk (R)
- Jr Senator: Richard J. Durbin (D)
- US House Representative: William L. Enyart (D)
- County FIPS Code: 055
- State FIPS Code: 17
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 62890
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 62890 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Thompsonville Grade School
- 21165 Shawneetown Rd
- Thompsonville, IL 62890
- (618) 627-2511
- High Schools
- Thompsonville High School
- 21135 Shawneetown Rd
- Thompsonville, IL 62890
- (618) 627-2301
Photos near Zip Code 62890, Thompsonville, IL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 62890 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: