Welcome to MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55442
55442 is an affluent (median household income: $84,451) upscale suburban zip code in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $310,600 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $118,476/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 55442 earn an average of $70,541/year. Women earn only $35,506/year.
7,520 people in 55442 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 55442? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.5 minutes.
The median age here is 42. There are 6,333 men and 6,884 women. The median age for men is 41 while for women the median age is 43.
To give you a sense of the community, 7,009 people (out of the 13,217 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 5,555 homes, and 150 businesses every day. 76 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
55442 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 45 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Milan, Italy!) and -93 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 928 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 55442
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Bass Lake Neighbors
- Curtis Lake Neighbors
- Deerhaven Neighbors
- Deerwood Glen Neighbors
- Harrison Hills 2nd Add. Neighbors
- Jamestown Neighbors
- Larch Lane Neighbors
- Meadows of Bass Lake Neighbors
- Pheasant Trail Neighbors
- Rolling Hills Park Neighbors
- Sagamore Neighbors
- Shorewood Hills Neighbors
- Swan Lake Neighbors
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Minneapolis, MN
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Minneapolis, MN
Average Home Value in 55442: $310,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 13,217
- White Population: 11,943
- Black Population: 604
- Hispanic Population: 284
- Asian Population: 754
- Hawaiian Population: 12
- Indian Population: 74
- Male Population: 6,333
- Female Population: 6,884
- Median Age: 42
- Median Age of Males: 41
- Median Age of Females: 43
- Region: Midwest
- Division: West North Central
- State: Minnesota
- CSA Name: Minneapolis-St. Paul-St. Cloud, MN-WI
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington MN-WI
- County: Hennepin
- City: Minneapolis
- Longitude: -93.4
- Latitude: 45.0
- Elevation: 928 feet above sea level
- Area code: 612/763
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 7,200
- Drive alone: 6,334
- Carpool: 549
- Public transit: 205
- Ride bikes or walk: 76
- Average commute time: 23.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 94
- 5 - 9: 589
- 10 - 14: 1,093
- 15 - 19: 1,321
- 20 - 24: 1,210
- 25 - 29: 508
- 30 - 34: 1,206
- 35 - 39: 335
- 40 - 44: 227
- 45 - 59: 385
- 60 - 89: 154
- 90 plus: 78
- Average House Value: $310,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $93,214
- Businesses: 343
- Employees: 9,960
- Annual Payroll: $857,743,000
- Average Family Income: $118,476
- Median Family Income: $84,451
- Average Income for Men: $70,541
- Average Income for Women: $35,506
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 467.0
- Sr Senator: Al Franken (D)
- Jr Senator: Amy Klobuchar (D)
- US House Representative: Erik Paulsen (R)
- County FIPS Code: 053
- State FIPS Code: 27
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 55442
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 55442 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Zachary Lane Elementary
- 4350 Zachary Lane
- Plymouth, MN 55442
- (763) 504-7300
- Other Schools
- 281 Zachary Lane Ts
- 4350 Zachary Lane
- Plymouth, MN 55442
- (763) 504-8074
Photos near Zip Code 55442, Minneapolis, MN
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 55442 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/Invest/Documents/Page-07.html. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: