Welcome to BRONSON, MI 49028
49028 is a sparsely populated, suburban zip code in Bronson, Michigan. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $104,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Coldwater area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $52,992/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 49028 is $44,677.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 49028 earn an average of $30,782/year. Women earn only $19,255/year.
3,066 people in 49028 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 49028? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.5 minutes.
The median age here is 37. There are 3,235 men and 3,152 women. The median age for men is 36 while for women the median age is 39.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,819 people (out of the 6,387 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 2,439 homes, and 81 businesses every day. 68 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
49028 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 42 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Skopje, Macedonia!) and -85 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 919 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 49028
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in Bronson, MI
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Bronson, MI
Average Home Value in 49028: $104,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 6,387
- White Population: 6,056
- Black Population: 60
- Hispanic Population: 589
- Asian Population: 29
- Hawaiian Population: 3
- Indian Population: 87
- Male Population: 3,235
- Female Population: 3,152
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 36
- Median Age of Females: 39
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Michigan
- CBSA Type: Micropolitan
- CBSA Name: Coldwater MI
- County: Branch
- City: Bronson
- Longitude: -85.2
- Latitude: 41.8
- Elevation: 920 feet above sea level
- Area code: 517
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 2,879
- Drive alone: 2,300
- Carpool: 454
- Public transit: 10
- Ride bikes or walk: 68
- Average commute time: 23.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 169
- 5 - 9: 315
- 10 - 14: 338
- 15 - 19: 484
- 20 - 24: 625
- 25 - 29: 241
- 30 - 34: 272
- 35 - 39: 74
- 40 - 44: 76
- 45 - 59: 134
- 60 - 89: 85
- 90 plus: 66
- Average House Value: $104,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $40,389
- Businesses: 98
- Employees: 875
- Annual Payroll: $29,935,000
- Average Family Income: $52,992
- Median Family Income: $37,398
- Average Income for Men: $30,782
- Average Income for Women: $19,255
- Congressional District: 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 4295.0
- Sr Senator: Carl Levin (D)
- Jr Senator: Debbie Stabenow (D)
- US House Representative: Tim Walberg (R)
- County FIPS Code: 023
- State FIPS Code: 26
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 49028
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 49028 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Anderson Elementary School
- 546 E. Chicago Street
- Bronson, MI 49028
- (517) 369-3234
- Ryan Elementary School
- 461 Rudd Street
- Bronson, MI 49028
- (517) 369-3254
Photos near Zip Code 49028, Bronson, MI
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 49028 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: