Welcome to CLARKSTON, MI 48348
48348 is an affluent (median household income: $83,476) suburban zip code in Clarkston, Michigan. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $246,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Detroit-Warren-Livonia metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $107,428/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 48348 earn an average of $72,419/year. Women earn only $28,750/year.
10,017 people in 48348 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 48348? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 48348 is 32.5 minutes!
The median age here is 41. There are 11,696 men and 11,691 women. The median age for men is 41 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,760 people (out of the 23,387 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 8,516 homes, and 177 businesses every day. 31 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
48348 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 43 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Sofia, Bulgaria!) and -83 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,039 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 48348
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Clarkston, MI
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Clarkston, MI
Average Home Value in 48348: $246,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 23,387
- White Population: 22,528
- Black Population: 443
- Hispanic Population: 702
- Asian Population: 430
- Hawaiian Population: 19
- Indian Population: 227
- Male Population: 11,696
- Female Population: 11,691
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 41
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Michigan
- CSA Name: Detroit-Warren-Flint, MI
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Detroit-Warren-Livonia MI
- County: Oakland
- City: Clarkston
- Longitude: -83.4
- Latitude: 42.8
- Elevation: 1,040 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 248
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 9,589
- Drive alone: 8,964
- Carpool: 549
- Public transit: 14
- Ride bikes or walk: 31
- Average commute time: 32.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 138
- 5 - 9: 350
- 10 - 14: 782
- 15 - 19: 1,046
- 20 - 24: 1,280
- 25 - 29: 822
- 30 - 34: 1,725
- 35 - 39: 497
- 40 - 44: 591
- 45 - 59: 1,288
- 60 - 89: 815
- 90 plus: 255
- Average House Value: $246,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $91,497
- Businesses: 324
- Employees: 2,382
- Annual Payroll: $97,896,000
- Average Family Income: $107,428
- Median Family Income: $83,476
- Average Income for Men: $72,419
- Average Income for Women: $28,750
- Congressional District: 08
- Congressional District Land Area: 2253.0
- Sr Senator: Carl Levin (D)
- Jr Senator: Debbie Stabenow (D)
- US House Representative: Mike Rogers (R)
- County FIPS Code: 125
- State FIPS Code: 26
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 48348
Schools in 48348 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Bailey Lake Elementary School
- 8051 Pine Knob Road
- Clarkston, MI 48348
- (248) 623-5300
- Independence Elementary School
- 6850 Hubbard Road
- Clarkston, MI 48348
- (248) 623-5500
- Springfield Plains Elem. School
- 8650 Holcomb Road
- Clarkston, MI 48348
- (248) 623-3800
Photos near Zip Code 48348, Clarkston, MI
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 48348 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: