Welcome to DEPAUW, IN 47115
47115 is a sparsely populated, rural zip code in Depauw, Indiana. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. Housing prices here (average $119,800) are fairly typical for the Louisville/Jefferson County metro area.
The average family income here is $58,189/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 47115 is $40,406.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 47115 earn an average of $42,437/year. Women earn only $15,568/year.
1,045 people in 47115 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 47115? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 47115 is 34.1 minutes!
The median age here is 41. There are 1,326 men and 1,296 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 1,621 people (out of the 2,622 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 924 homes, and 4 businesses every day. 15 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
47115 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Palermo, Italy!) and -86 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 564 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 47115
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Country Club Estates
- English Farmers Market
- Harrison County Farmer's Market
- Harrison County Farmers Market II
- Orange County HomeGrown Farmers Markets - Valley and Orleans
HOA Property Management Information in Depauw, IN
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Depauw, IN
Average Home Value in 47115: $119,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 2,622
- White Population: 2,600
- Black Population: 13
- Hispanic Population: 21
- Asian Population: 14
- Hawaiian Population: 1
- Indian Population: 11
- Male Population: 1,326
- Female Population: 1,296
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Indiana
- CSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County--Elizabethtown--Scottsburg, KY-IN
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County KY-IN
- County: Harrison
- City: Depauw
- Longitude: -86.3
- Latitude: 38.3
- Elevation: 565 feet above sea level
- Area code: 812
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 963
- Drive alone: 780
- Carpool: 147
- Public transit: 0
- Ride bikes or walk: 15
- Average commute time: 34.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 38
- 5 - 9: 101
- 10 - 14: 117
- 15 - 19: 67
- 20 - 24: 81
- 25 - 29: 25
- 30 - 34: 127
- 35 - 39: 42
- 40 - 44: 74
- 45 - 59: 184
- 60 - 89: 78
- 90 plus: 29
- Average House Value: $119,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $53,646
- Businesses: 21
- Employees: 178
- Annual Payroll: $6,463,000
- Average Family Income: $58,189
- Median Family Income: $38,597
- Average Income for Men: $42,437
- Average Income for Women: $15,568
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 6602.0
- Sr Senator: Daniel Coats (R)
- Jr Senator: Joe Donnelly (D)
- US House Representative: Todd C. Young (R)
- County FIPS Code: 061
- State FIPS Code: 18
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 47115
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Photos near Zip Code 47115, Depauw, IN
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 47115 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.insor.org/insasoweb/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: