Welcome to AKRON, OH 44311
44311 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Akron, Ohio. Median household income here ($19,576) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, younger, and mostly single. The average house value here ($55,100) is significantly lower than in the Akron metro area as a whole, so this is probably a great place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $30,023/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 44311 is $21,023.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 44311 earn an average of $20,489/year. Women earn only $12,489/year.
4,089 people in 44311 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 44311? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 18.8 minutes.
The median age here is 24. There are 4,806 men and 3,976 women. The median age for men is 24 while for women the median age is 25.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,822 people (out of the 8,782 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 3,030 homes, and 466 businesses every day. 428 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
44311 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 41 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tashkent, Uzbekistan!) and -82 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,013 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 44311
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in Akron, OH
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Akron, OH
Average Home Value in 44311: $55,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 8,782
- White Population: 4,687
- Black Population: 3,808
- Hispanic Population: 318
- Asian Population: 386
- Hawaiian Population: 14
- Indian Population: 111
- Male Population: 4,806
- Female Population: 3,976
- Median Age: 24
- Median Age of Males: 24
- Median Age of Females: 25
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Ohio
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Akron OH
- County: Summit
- City: Akron
- Longitude: -81.5
- Latitude: 41.1
- Elevation: 1,013 feet above sea level
- Area code: 330
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,002
- Drive alone: 2,682
- Carpool: 620
- Public transit: 241
- Ride bikes or walk: 428
- Average commute time: 18.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 207
- 5 - 9: 622
- 10 - 14: 847
- 15 - 19: 812
- 20 - 24: 595
- 25 - 29: 220
- 30 - 34: 286
- 35 - 39: 11
- 40 - 44: 56
- 45 - 59: 182
- 60 - 89: 107
- 90 plus: 57
- Average House Value: $55,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $15,508
- Businesses: 298
- Employees: 5,421
- Annual Payroll: $245,841,000
- Average Family Income: $30,023
- Median Family Income: $19,576
- Average Income for Men: $20,489
- Average Income for Women: $12,489
- Congressional District: 13, 17
- Congressional District Land Area: 530.0, 1005.0
- Sr Senator: Rob Portman (R)
- Jr Senator: Sherrod Brown (D)
- US House Representative: Tim Ryan (D)
- County FIPS Code: 153
- State FIPS Code: 39
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 44311
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 44311 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Leggett Elementary School
- 619 Sumner St
- Akron, OH 44311
- (330) 761-1735
- Lighthouse Comm & Prof Dev
- 388 S Main St
- Akron, OH 44311
- (330) 836-6370
- Lincoln Elementary School
- 175 W Crosier St
- Akron, OH 44311
- (330) 761-1745
Photos near Zip Code 44311, Akron, OH
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 44311 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: