Welcome to MEMPHIS, TN 38111
The average family income here is $58,161/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 38111 is $38,328.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 38111 earn an average of $35,590/year. Women earn only $22,925/year.
20,233 people in 38111 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 38111? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 21.5 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 20,198 men and 21,544 women. The median age for men is 30 while for women the median age is 34.
To give you a sense of the community, 20,458 people (out of the 41,742 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 18,078 homes, and 934 businesses every day. 610 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
38111 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kirkuk, Iraq!) and -90 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 299 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 38111
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Audubon Park
- Barron Manor Neighborhood Association
- Belt Line Neighborhood Association
- Belvedere Gardens
- Bremington Place Assoc.
- Buntyn Subdivision
- Chickasaw Gardens
- Deerwood Neighborhood
- Dunn Road/Avenue Area Neighborhood Watch
- East Buntyn
- Fenwick Road Neighborhood Association
- Grandview Area
- Hedgemoor Civic Assoc.
- Humes Heights
- Inman Cove Block Club
- Joffre Area Civic Assoc.
- Normal Business Alliance
- Normal Station Neighborhood Association
- Orange Mound Collaborative
- Plaza - Scenic Gardens
- Poplar-Highland Community Association
- Red Acres Neighborhood
- Sherwood Forest
- Summer Hills
- THIRTY SOMETHING
- University Area
- University District Inc.
- University Neighborhood Coalition
- Waynoka Neigborhood
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Memphis, TN
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Memphis, TN
Average Home Value in 38111: $95,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 41,742
- White Population: 17,728
- Black Population: 21,331
- Hispanic Population: 2,987
- Asian Population: 754
- Hawaiian Population: 63
- Indian Population: 351
- Male Population: 20,198
- Female Population: 21,544
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 30
- Median Age of Females: 34
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Tennessee
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Memphis TN-MS-AR
- County: Shelby
- City: Memphis
- Longitude: -89.9
- Latitude: 35.1
- Elevation: 300 feet above sea level
- Area code: 901
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 19,797
- Drive alone: 15,518
- Carpool: 3,052
- Public transit: 477
- Ride bikes or walk: 610
- Average commute time: 21.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 336
- 5 - 9: 1,605
- 10 - 14: 2,863
- 15 - 19: 5,488
- 20 - 24: 4,264
- 25 - 29: 1,166
- 30 - 34: 2,360
- 35 - 39: 330
- 40 - 44: 188
- 45 - 59: 480
- 60 - 89: 380
- 90 plus: 337
- Average House Value: $95,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $35,686
- Businesses: 564
- Employees: 8,433
- Annual Payroll: $245,536,000
- Average Family Income: $58,161
- Median Family Income: $31,652
- Average Income for Men: $35,590
- Average Income for Women: $22,925
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 8800.0
- Sr Senator: Lamar Alexander (R)
- Jr Senator: Bob Corker (R)
- US House Representative: Steve Cohen (D)
- County FIPS Code: 157
- State FIPS Code: 47
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 38111
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 38111 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Sharpe Elementary School
- 3431 Sharpe Rd
- Memphis, TN 38111
- (901) 744-5020
- Sherwood Elementary School
- 1156 Robinhood La
- Memphis, TN 38111
- (901) 325-4864
- South Park Elementary School
- 1736 Getwell
- Memphis, TN 38111
- (901) 744-5024
- Middle Schools
- Sherwood Middle School
- 3480 Rhodes
- Memphis, TN 38111
- (901) 325-4870
Photos near Zip Code 38111, Memphis, TN
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 38111 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.ticic.state.tn.us/sorinternet/sosearch.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: