Welcome to BIRMINGHAM, AL 35244
35244 is an upscale rural zip code in Birmingham, Alabama. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $284,200 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Birmingham-Hoover metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $102,580/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 35244 earn an average of $68,896/year. Women earn only $32,332/year.
14,367 people in 35244 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 35244? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.9 minutes.
The median age here is 37. There are 15,510 men and 16,880 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 38.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,305 people (out of the 32,390 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,648 homes, and 1,364 businesses every day. 40 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
35244 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 33 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tripoli, Libya!) and -87 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 517 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 35244
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Altadena Woods Homeowner's Association
- Arlington West End Neighborhood Association
- Belview Heights Neighborhood
- Brandywine Neighborhood Association
- Bridlewood Parc Homeowner's Association
- Bush Hills Neighborhood
- Camelot Condominium Homeowner's Association
- Dearing Downs HOA
- East Lake Neighborhood Association
- Fair Oaks Neighborhood Association (FONA)
- Forest Hills
- Fresh Market at Ross Bridge
- Germania Park Neighborhood Association
- Glen Iris
- Glen Oaks Neighborhood Association
- Greystone Farms
- Heardmont Squares
- Helena Market Days
- Highland Park
- Hurricane Creek
- James Hill
- Mt Laurel Farmers Market
- North Titusville Neighborhood Association
- Oak Park/The Highlands/The Woodlands
- Oak Ridge Homeowners Association
- Oakwood Place
- Pepper Place Saturday Market
- Riley - Travellick Neighborhood Association
- River Terrace
- Saddle Run Circle
- The Magnolias At Brook Highland
- The Park at Rocky Ridge
- Valleydale Farmers Market
- West End Manor Neighborhood Association
- Woodland Village
HOA Property Management Information in Birmingham, AL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Birmingham, AL
Average Home Value in 35244: $284,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 32,390
- White Population: 25,236
- Black Population: 4,911
- Hispanic Population: 1,075
- Asian Population: 2,060
- Hawaiian Population: 20
- Indian Population: 192
- Male Population: 15,510
- Female Population: 16,880
- Median Age: 37
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 38
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Alabama
- CSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman, AL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover AL
- County: Jefferson
- City: Birmingham
- Longitude: -86.8
- Latitude: 33.4
- Elevation: 517 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 205
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 13,771
- Drive alone: 12,793
- Carpool: 886
- Public transit: 19
- Ride bikes or walk: 40
- Average commute time: 23.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 282
- 5 - 9: 1,073
- 10 - 14: 1,664
- 15 - 19: 2,045
- 20 - 24: 2,909
- 25 - 29: 1,475
- 30 - 34: 2,498
- 35 - 39: 388
- 40 - 44: 433
- 45 - 59: 527
- 60 - 89: 270
- 90 plus: 207
- Average House Value: $284,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $87,234
- Businesses: 1,339
- Employees: 28,701
- Annual Payroll: $1,381,935,000
- Average Family Income: $102,580
- Median Family Income: $69,689
- Average Income for Men: $68,896
- Average Income for Women: $32,332
- Congressional District: 06
- Congressional District Land Area: 4564.0
- Sr Senator: Richard C. Shelby (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Sessions (R)
- US House Representative: Spencer Bachus (R)
- County FIPS Code: 073
- State FIPS Code: 01
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 35244
Schools in 35244 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Riverchase Elementary School
- 1950 Old Montgomery Highway
- Hoover, AL 35244
- (205) 439-3400
- South Shades Crest Elementary School
- 3770 So Shades Crest Rd
- Hoover, AL 35244
- (205) 439-3000
- Trace Crossings Elementary School
- 5454 Learning Lane
- Hoover, AL 35244
- (205) 439-2700
- Middle Schools
- Riverchase Middle School
- 853 Willow Oak Dr
- Birmingham, AL 35244
- (205) 682-5510
Photos near Zip Code 35244, Birmingham, AL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 35244 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://community.dps.state.al.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: