Welcome to DOLOMITE, AL 35061
35061 is a suburban zip code in Dolomite, Alabama. Median household income here ($28,693) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, older, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. The average house value here ($66,600) is lower than in the Birmingham-Hoover metro area as a whole, so this could be a great place to look for housing bargains.
The median age here is 44. There are 702 men and 763 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 47.
35061 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 33 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Mexicali, Mexico!) and -87 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 522 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 35061
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 7th Way Neighborhood Watch
- Arlington West End Neighborhood Association
- Belview Heights Neighborhood
- Bush Hills Neighborhood
- Fair Oaks Neighborhood Association (FONA)
- Forest Hills
- Germania Park Neighborhood Association
- Glen Oaks Neighborhood Association
Real Estate & Home Values in Dolomite, AL
Average Home Value in 35061: $66,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 1,465
- White Population: 160
- Black Population: 1,297
- Hispanic Population: 16
- Asian Population: 2
- Hawaiian Population: 0
- Indian Population: 10
- Male Population: 702
- Female Population: 763
- Median Age: 44
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 47
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Alabama
- CSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman, AL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Birmingham-Hoover AL
- County: Jefferson
- City: Dolomite
- Longitude: -87.0
- Latitude: 33.5
- Elevation: 522 feet above sea level
- Area code: 205
- Average House Value: $66,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $35,556
- Businesses: 31
- Employees: 325
- Annual Payroll: $13,208,000
- Congressional District: 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 8668.0
- Sr Senator: Richard C. Shelby (R)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Sessions (R)
- US House Representative: Terri A. Sewell (D)
- County FIPS Code: 073
- State FIPS Code: 01
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 35061
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Photos near Zip Code 35061, Dolomite, AL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 35061 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://community.dps.state.al.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: