Welcome to PUNTA GORDA, FL 33983
33983 is a suburban zip code in Punta Gorda, Florida. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. At $186,600 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Punta Gorda metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $55,942/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 33983 is $46,715.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 33983 earn an average of $34,285/year. Women earn only $22,674/year.
4,273 people in 33983 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 33983? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.9 minutes.
The median age here is 51. There are 6,589 men and 7,365 women. The median age for men is 50 while for women the median age is 51.
To give you a sense of the community, 5,334 people (out of the 13,954 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 6,919 homes, and 114 businesses every day. 12 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
33983 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 27 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Asyut, Egypt!) and -82 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 18 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 33983
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Englewood Isles 1 & 2
- Harbor Cove Resident Owned Community
- Hibiscus 1 Condominium Association
- Island Vista Estates
- Mangrove Bay Condominium Association Inc.
- NE Cape Coral
- Punta Gorda Downtown Farmers Market
HOA Property Management Information in Punta Gorda, FL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Punta Gorda, FL
Average Home Value in 33983: $186,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 13,954
- White Population: 12,059
- Black Population: 1,543
- Hispanic Population: 918
- Asian Population: 255
- Hawaiian Population: 9
- Indian Population: 77
- Male Population: 6,589
- Female Population: 7,365
- Median Age: 51
- Median Age of Males: 50
- Median Age of Females: 51
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Florida
- CSA Name: Sarasota-Bradenton-Punta Gorda, FL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Punta Gorda FL
- County: Charlotte
- City: Punta Gorda
- Longitude: -82.0
- Latitude: 27.0
- Elevation: 19 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 941
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,174
- Drive alone: 3,710
- Carpool: 414
- Public transit: 8
- Ride bikes or walk: 12
- Average commute time: 22.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 48
- 5 - 9: 312
- 10 - 14: 906
- 15 - 19: 1,010
- 20 - 24: 841
- 25 - 29: 136
- 30 - 34: 254
- 35 - 39: 75
- 40 - 44: 80
- 45 - 59: 259
- 60 - 89: 199
- 90 plus: 54
- Average House Value: $186,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,186
- Businesses: 138
- Employees: 1,227
- Annual Payroll: $34,715,000
- Average Family Income: $55,942
- Median Family Income: $43,964
- Average Income for Men: $34,285
- Average Income for Women: $22,674
- Congressional District: 16
- Congressional District Land Area: 4538.0
- Sr Senator: Marco Rubio (R)
- Jr Senator: Bill Nelson (D)
- US House Representative: Vern Buchanan (R)
- County FIPS Code: 015
- State FIPS Code: 12
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 33983
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 33983 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Deep Creek Elementary School
- 26900 Harborview Rd
- Punta Gorda, FL 33983
- (941) 255-7535
Photos near Zip Code 33983, Punta Gorda, FL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 33983 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: