Welcome to FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309
33309 is a suburban zip code in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $189,200 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $51,591/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 33309 is $42,058.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 33309 earn an average of $29,514/year. Women earn only $24,333/year.
16,164 people in 33309 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 33309? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 25.0 minutes.
The median age here is 38. There are 17,335 men and 16,370 women. The median age for men is 38 while for women the median age is 38.
To give you a sense of the community, 14,270 people (out of the 33,705 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,920 homes, and 2,442 businesses every day. 303 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
33309 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 26 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Cape Bojador, Western Sahara!) and -80 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 6 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 33309
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Average Home Value in 33309: $189,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 33,705
- White Population: 17,169
- Black Population: 14,754
- Hispanic Population: 6,173
- Asian Population: 781
- Hawaiian Population: 145
- Indian Population: 217
- Male Population: 17,335
- Female Population: 16,370
- Median Age: 38
- Median Age of Males: 38
- Median Age of Females: 38
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Florida
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach FL
- County: Broward
- City: Fort Lauderdale
- Longitude: -80.2
- Latitude: 26.2
- Elevation: 7 feet above sea level
- Area code: 954
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 15,833
- Drive alone: 12,790
- Carpool: 2,218
- Public transit: 400
- Ride bikes or walk: 303
- Average commute time: 25.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 394
- 5 - 9: 1,345
- 10 - 14: 1,926
- 15 - 19: 2,809
- 20 - 24: 2,955
- 25 - 29: 936
- 30 - 34: 2,903
- 35 - 39: 315
- 40 - 44: 258
- 45 - 59: 983
- 60 - 89: 653
- 90 plus: 356
- Average House Value: $189,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,164
- Businesses: 2,311
- Employees: 41,071
- Annual Payroll: $2,638,361,000
- Average Family Income: $51,591
- Median Family Income: $39,651
- Average Income for Men: $29,514
- Average Income for Women: $24,333
- Congressional District: 20, 22, 23, 19
- Congressional District Land Area: 160.0, 267.0, 3362.0, 231.0
- Sr Senator: Marco Rubio (R)
- Jr Senator: Bill Nelson (D)
- US House Representative: Alcee L. Hastings (D)
- County FIPS Code: 011
- State FIPS Code: 12
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 33309
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 33309 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Lloyd Estates Elementary School
- 750 Nw 41 St
- Oakland Park, FL 33309
- (754) 322-6800
- Oriole Elementary School
- 3081 Nw 39th St
- Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33309
- (754) 322-7550
Photos near Zip Code 33309, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 33309 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/homepage.do. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: