Welcome to ATLANTA, GA 30312
30312 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Atlanta, Georgia. Median household income here ($20,094) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, and mostly single. At $208,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $35,150/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 30312 is $19,680.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 30312 earn an average of $31,504/year. Women earn only $24,772/year.
7,844 people in 30312 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 30312? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 27.5 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 9,635 men and 9,725 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 31.
To give you a sense of the community, 7,753 people (out of the 19,360 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 11,795 homes, and 651 businesses every day. 497 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
30312 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Hiroshima, Japan!) and -84 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,011 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 30312
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Adair Park Community Empowerment Assoc.
- Atlanta Project Fulton 1 Cluster Area
- City Side Lofts
- Fourth Ward Neighbors, Inc.
- Grant Park Area Council
- Grant Park Neighborhood Assn.
- Graves Annes/Antoine Graves
- Historic District Development Corp,
- M. L. King Memorial Building Tenants Assoc.
- Martin Street Plaza Tenants Assoc.
- Mechanicsville Civic Assoc.
- Neighborhood Planning Unit M
- Neighborhood Planning Unit V
- New Fourth Ward Community Coalition
- Old Fourth Ward Redevelopment CDC
- Orchard at Summerhill HOA
- Organized Neighbors of Summerhill
- Project Dunbaar
- Soul Patrol Youth Organization, Inc.
- The Rights 2 Life Foundation Inc.
- Wheat Street Charitable Foundation
- Wheat Street Gardens Tenants Assoc.
- Wheat Street Towers Tenants Assoc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Atlanta, GA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Atlanta, GA
Average Home Value in 30312: $208,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 19,360
- White Population: 7,494
- Black Population: 11,243
- Hispanic Population: 993
- Asian Population: 492
- Hawaiian Population: 20
- Indian Population: 228
- Male Population: 9,635
- Female Population: 9,725
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 31
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Georgia
- CSA Name: Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Gainesville, GA-AL
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta GA
- County: Fulton
- City: Atlanta
- Longitude: -84.4
- Latitude: 33.7
- Elevation: 1,012 feet above sea level
- Area code: 404/678/770
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 7,528
- Drive alone: 4,346
- Carpool: 1,121
- Public transit: 1,493
- Ride bikes or walk: 497
- Average commute time: 27.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 120
- 5 - 9: 691
- 10 - 14: 999
- 15 - 19: 1,210
- 20 - 24: 1,237
- 25 - 29: 410
- 30 - 34: 1,337
- 35 - 39: 127
- 40 - 44: 201
- 45 - 59: 402
- 60 - 89: 525
- 90 plus: 269
- Average House Value: $208,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $44,217
- Businesses: 523
- Employees: 7,026
- Annual Payroll: $278,205,000
- Average Family Income: $35,150
- Median Family Income: $20,094
- Average Income for Men: $31,504
- Average Income for Women: $24,772
- Congressional District: 05
- Congressional District Land Area: 245.0
- Sr Senator: Johnny Isakson (R)
- Jr Senator: Saxby Chambliss (R)
- US House Representative: John Lewis (D)
- County FIPS Code: 121
- State FIPS Code: 13
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 30312
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 30312 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Cook Elementary School
- 211 Memorial Drive, Se
- Atlanta, GA 30312
- (404) 330-4104
- Dunbar Elementary School
- 403 Richardson Street, Sw
- Atlanta, GA 30312
- (404) 330-4150
- Hope Elementary School
- 112 Boulevard, Ne
- Atlanta, GA 30312
- (404) 330-4959
Photos near Zip Code 30312, Atlanta, GA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 30312 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.ganet.org/gbi/sorsch.cgi. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: