Welcome to HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28739
28739 is a suburban zip code in Hendersonville, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. At $220,000 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Asheville metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $64,032/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 28739 is $47,035.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28739 earn an average of $39,936/year. Women earn only $22,033/year.
7,000 people in 28739 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28739? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.3 minutes.
The median age here is 51. There are 9,479 men and 10,307 women. The median age for men is 50 while for women the median age is 52.
To give you a sense of the community, 8,888 people (out of the 19,786 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 9,306 homes, and 255 businesses every day. 136 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28739 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kyoto, Japan!) and -82 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 2,199 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28739
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Avery Creek
- Bates Neighborhood
- Bent Creek
- Biltmore Park
- Brookside Homeowners Association
- Cane Creek
- Cinnamon Woods
- Country Creek
- Crestwood POA
- Dana Valley HOA
- Downing Park
- Fairview Tailgate Market
- Flat Rock Tailgate Market
HOA Property Management Information in Hendersonville, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Hendersonville, NC
Average Home Value in 28739: $220,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 188 Garden Hill Dr, Hendersonville, NC
- 159 Country Ridge Rd, Hendersonville, NC
- 103 Finley Brook Way, Hendersonville, NC
- 107 Finley Brook Way, Hendersonville, NC
- 2244 Old Kanuga Rd, Hendersonville, NC
- 303 Buncombe St, Hendersonville, NC
- 1501 5th Ave W, Hendersonville, NC
- 161 Chattooga Run, Hendersonville, NC
- Total Population: 19,786
- White Population: 18,575
- Black Population: 651
- Hispanic Population: 1,034
- Asian Population: 157
- Hawaiian Population: 34
- Indian Population: 136
- Male Population: 9,479
- Female Population: 10,307
- Median Age: 51
- Median Age of Males: 50
- Median Age of Females: 52
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CSA Name: Asheville-Brevard, NC
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Asheville NC
- County: Henderson
- City: Hendersonville
- Longitude: -82.5
- Latitude: 35.3
- Elevation: 2,200 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 828
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 6,742
- Drive alone: 5,733
- Carpool: 842
- Public transit: 12
- Ride bikes or walk: 136
- Average commute time: 22.3 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 288
- 5 - 9: 664
- 10 - 14: 1,343
- 15 - 19: 1,401
- 20 - 24: 1,009
- 25 - 29: 359
- 30 - 34: 771
- 35 - 39: 145
- 40 - 44: 129
- 45 - 59: 347
- 60 - 89: 135
- 90 plus: 151
- Average House Value: $220,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $52,610
- Businesses: 373
- Employees: 3,884
- Annual Payroll: $110,378,000
- Average Family Income: $64,032
- Median Family Income: $40,226
- Average Income for Men: $39,936
- Average Income for Women: $22,033
- Congressional District: 11
- Congressional District Land Area: 6025.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Mark Meadows (R)
- County FIPS Code: 089
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28739
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28739 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Atkinson Elementary
- 2510 Old Kanuga Road
- Hendersonville, NC 28739
- (828) 697-4755
Photos near Zip Code 28739, Hendersonville, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28739 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: