Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28278
28278 is an affluent (median household income: $71,420) suburban zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $208,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The median age here is 35. There are 9,429 men and 9,854 women. The median age for men is 35 while for women the median age is 35.
28278 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kirkuk, Iraq!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 662 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28278
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28278: $208,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 19,283
- White Population: 12,187
- Black Population: 4,935
- Hispanic Population: 2,565
- Asian Population: 1,331
- Hawaiian Population: 31
- Indian Population: 192
- Male Population: 9,429
- Female Population: 9,854
- Median Age: 35
- Median Age of Males: 35
- Median Age of Females: 35
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -81.0
- Latitude: 35.1
- Elevation: 662 feet above sea level
- Area code: 704
- Average House Value: $208,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $78,319
- Businesses: 236
- Employees: 2,063
- Annual Payroll: $93,978,000
- Congressional District: 09, 12
- Congressional District Land Area: 990.0, 821.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Robert Pittenger (R)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28278
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Photos near Zip Code 28278, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28278 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: