Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28216
28216 is a rural zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is primarily African-American, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $130,300) are fairly typical for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area.
The average family income here is $54,456/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 28216 is $46,573.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28216 earn an average of $33,559/year. Women earn only $23,291/year.
13,609 people in 28216 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28216? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 25.7 minutes.
The median age here is 33. There are 21,890 men and 25,318 women. The median age for men is 32 while for women the median age is 35.
To give you a sense of the community, 14,673 people (out of the 47,208 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 19,403 homes, and 1,181 businesses every day. 258 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28216 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Busan, South Korea!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 781 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28216
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Auston Woods Community Crime Watch
- Beatties Ford-Trinity Park CA
- Bibleville Wellness Association
- Biddleville Residents & Friends
- Biddleville/Five Points Comm.
- Claiborne Woods
- Dalebrook Neighborhood Assoc.
- Firestone/Garden City
- Fox Chase Community
- Garden Park Neighborhood Assoc.
- Glenlea Park HOA
- Happy Valley Neighborhood Assoc.
- Historic Washington Heights Community
- Hoskins Community
- Hyde Park HOA
- Lakeview Village Association
- Lincoln Heights Neighborhood Association
- McCrorey Heigts-Oaklawn Comm. Assoc.
- McIntyre Matters
- Mountain Pointe Owners Group
- Northwest Little League
- Northwood Estates Community Org.
- Oaklawn Community Improvement Org.
- Oakview Terrace Community
- Queen City Congress
- Settler Trace Lane
- Sunset Road Area
- Taylor-LaSalle Crime Watch Comm.
- The Bahama Havannah Park HOA
- Thompson Avenue
- University Park Improv. Assoc.
- University Park North Community Organization
- Walden Ridge
- Wedgewood I HOA
- Wedwood II HOA
- Westside Coalition
- Whitley At Wedgewood 1
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Charlotte, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28216: $130,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 47,208
- White Population: 13,612
- Black Population: 30,880
- Hispanic Population: 3,703
- Asian Population: 1,401
- Hawaiian Population: 109
- Indian Population: 688
- Male Population: 21,890
- Female Population: 25,318
- Median Age: 33
- Median Age of Males: 32
- Median Age of Females: 35
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -80.9
- Latitude: 35.3
- Elevation: 782 feet above sea level
- Area code: 704
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 13,313
- Drive alone: 10,368
- Carpool: 1,964
- Public transit: 638
- Ride bikes or walk: 258
- Average commute time: 25.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 220
- 5 - 9: 761
- 10 - 14: 1,407
- 15 - 19: 2,514
- 20 - 24: 2,694
- 25 - 29: 989
- 30 - 34: 2,491
- 35 - 39: 344
- 40 - 44: 381
- 45 - 59: 707
- 60 - 89: 528
- 90 plus: 277
- Average House Value: $130,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $47,497
- Businesses: 847
- Employees: 13,619
- Annual Payroll: $440,350,000
- Average Family Income: $54,456
- Median Family Income: $40,740
- Average Income for Men: $33,559
- Average Income for Women: $23,291
- Congressional District: 12, 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 821.0, 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Melvin L. Watt (D)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28216
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28216 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Hornets Nest Elementary
- 6700 Beatties Ford Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28216
- (980) 343-6110
- Lincoln Heights Elementary
- 1900 Newcastle Street
- Charlotte, NC 28216
- (980) 343-6067
- Mountain Island Elementary
- 7905 Pleasant Grove Road
- Charlotte, NC 28216
- (980) 343-6948
- Oaklawn Language Academy
- 1810 Oaklawn Avenue
- Charlotte, NC 28216
- (980) 343-0400
Photos near Zip Code 28216, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28216 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: