Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28204
28204 is an upscale urban zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, and mostly single. At $297,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $60,977/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 28204 is $46,042.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28204 earn an average of $41,004/year. Women earn only $27,911/year.
2,305 people in 28204 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28204? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 17.8 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 2,266 men and 2,530 women. The median age for men is 34 while for women the median age is 31.
To give you a sense of the community, 1,745 people (out of the 4,796 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 2,938 homes, and 901 businesses every day. 96 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28204 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tokyo, Japan!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 692 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28204
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Charlotte Organizing Project
- Charlottetown Terrace (CHA)
- Cherry Community Organization
- Elizabeth Community Association
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Charlotte, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28204: $297,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 4,796
- White Population: 3,320
- Black Population: 1,352
- Hispanic Population: 141
- Asian Population: 114
- Hawaiian Population: 5
- Indian Population: 32
- Male Population: 2,266
- Female Population: 2,530
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 34
- Median Age of Females: 31
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -80.8
- Latitude: 35.2
- Elevation: 692 feet above sea level
- Area code: 704
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 2,217
- Drive alone: 1,793
- Carpool: 169
- Public transit: 137
- Ride bikes or walk: 96
- Average commute time: 17.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 96
- 5 - 9: 330
- 10 - 14: 564
- 15 - 19: 528
- 20 - 24: 216
- 25 - 29: 90
- 30 - 34: 226
- 35 - 39: 15
- 40 - 44: 14
- 45 - 59: 42
- 60 - 89: 82
- 90 plus: 14
- Average House Value: $297,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $47,589
- Businesses: 765
- Employees: 20,423
- Annual Payroll: $1,137,082,000
- Average Family Income: $60,977
- Median Family Income: $33,006
- Average Income for Men: $41,004
- Average Income for Women: $27,911
- Congressional District: 12, 08, 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 821.0, 3282.0, 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Richard Hudson (R)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28204
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28204 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Community Charter School
- 926 Elizabeth Avenue
- Charlotte, NC 28204
- (704) 377-3180
- Elizabeth Trad/Classical
- 1601 Park Drive
- Charlotte, NC 28204
- (980) 343-5475
- Middle Schools
- Piedmont Open Middle
- 1241 E. 10th Street
- Charlotte, NC 28204
- (980) 343-5435
Photos near Zip Code 28204, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28204 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: