Welcome to GASTONIA, NC 28054
28054 is a suburban zip code in Gastonia, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. Housing prices here (average $123,600) are fairly typical for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area.
The average family income here is $55,664/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 28054 is $46,557.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28054 earn an average of $37,825/year. Women earn only $22,602/year.
15,555 people in 28054 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28054? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.8 minutes.
The median age here is 38. There are 16,786 men and 19,484 women. The median age for men is 36 while for women the median age is 40.
To give you a sense of the community, 16,116 people (out of the 36,270 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 15,481 homes, and 1,352 businesses every day. 190 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28054 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tokyo, Japan!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 671 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28054
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Gastonia, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Gastonia, NC
Average Home Value in 28054: $123,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 36,270
- White Population: 25,210
- Black Population: 8,689
- Hispanic Population: 3,785
- Asian Population: 630
- Hawaiian Population: 21
- Indian Population: 412
- Male Population: 16,786
- Female Population: 19,484
- Median Age: 38
- Median Age of Males: 36
- Median Age of Females: 40
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Gaston
- City: Gastonia
- Longitude: -81.1
- Latitude: 35.2
- Elevation: 671 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 704
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 15,263
- Drive alone: 13,096
- Carpool: 1,858
- Public transit: 25
- Ride bikes or walk: 190
- Average commute time: 22.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 330
- 5 - 9: 1,536
- 10 - 14: 3,294
- 15 - 19: 2,597
- 20 - 24: 1,986
- 25 - 29: 846
- 30 - 34: 2,073
- 35 - 39: 581
- 40 - 44: 490
- 45 - 59: 1,017
- 60 - 89: 269
- 90 plus: 244
- Average House Value: $123,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $40,494
- Businesses: 1,003
- Employees: 18,676
- Annual Payroll: $670,767,000
- Average Family Income: $55,664
- Median Family Income: $38,575
- Average Income for Men: $37,825
- Average Income for Women: $22,602
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Robert Pittenger (R)
- County FIPS Code: 071
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28054
Schools in 28054 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Brookside Elementary
- 1950 Rhyne Carter Road
- Gastonia, NC 28054
- (704) 866-6283
- Gardner Park Elementary
- 738 Armstrong Park Road
- Gastonia, NC 28054
- (704) 866-6082
- Sherwood Elementary
- 1744 Dixon Road
- Gastonia, NC 28054
- (704) 866-6609
Photos near Zip Code 28054, Gastonia, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28054 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: