Welcome to ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC 27870
27870 is a suburban zip code in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. Median household income here ($28,784) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $96,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Roanoke Rapids area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $43,587/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 27870 is $37,266.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 27870 earn an average of $29,919/year. Women earn only $19,278/year.
11,079 people in 27870 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 27870? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 20.5 minutes.
The median age here is 39. There are 12,678 men and 14,558 women. The median age for men is 38 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 15,487 people (out of the 27,236 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 11,357 homes, and 874 businesses every day. 179 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
27870 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 36 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tehran, Iran!) and -78 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 173 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 27870
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
HOA Property Management Information in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Average Home Value in 27870: $96,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 27,236
- White Population: 15,517
- Black Population: 10,949
- Hispanic Population: 715
- Asian Population: 389
- Hawaiian Population: 23
- Indian Population: 321
- Male Population: 12,678
- Female Population: 14,558
- Median Age: 39
- Median Age of Males: 38
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Micropolitan
- CBSA Name: Roanoke Rapids NC
- County: Halifax
- City: Roanoke Rapids
- Longitude: -77.7
- Latitude: 36.5
- Elevation: 173 feet above sea level
- Area code: 252
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 10,904
- Drive alone: 9,007
- Carpool: 1,580
- Public transit: 35
- Ride bikes or walk: 179
- Average commute time: 20.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 459
- 5 - 9: 2,089
- 10 - 14: 2,897
- 15 - 19: 1,991
- 20 - 24: 859
- 25 - 29: 273
- 30 - 34: 961
- 35 - 39: 96
- 40 - 44: 231
- 45 - 59: 479
- 60 - 89: 247
- 90 plus: 322
- Average House Value: $96,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $34,235
- Businesses: 605
- Employees: 8,622
- Annual Payroll: $255,095,000
- Average Family Income: $43,587
- Median Family Income: $28,784
- Average Income for Men: $29,919
- Average Income for Women: $19,278
- Congressional District: 01
- Congressional District Land Area: 7198.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: G. K. Butterfield (D)
- County FIPS Code: 083
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 27870
Schools in 27870 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Belmont Elementary
- 1517 Bolling Road
- Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- (252) 537-3023
- Everetts Elementary
- 458 Everetts School Rd
- Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- (252) 537-5484
- William L Manning Elementary
- 1102 Barrett St
- Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- (252) 535-2115
Photos near Zip Code 27870, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 27870 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: